• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting season is almost over and my 300 BLK is going to be updated. Need some help....

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
Come January 1st my 300 BLK is getting torn apart and redone. I could use some opinions to consider.

Here is my gun as it sits right now.

i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_20141031_122753_zpsxbkyessg.jpg

The scope and 45 degree sights are coming off. So is the rail system. It currently has an 8.5" 1/8 barrel. I am wanting to tuck my can up under the rail so on black Friday I bought a 12" Radical Rail. My can is 9.5" long and adds 8.75" to the gun so figure with the 8.5" barrel the total length will be 16.5" with 4.5" of my can sticking out. The radical rail looks like this.

RF12RAIL-2.jpg

Now here is where my problems start. PSA put the 12" YHM Todd Jarrett rail on sale. I already have one on another SBR and I love it, plus it weighs almost a full ounce less than the Radical rail. I couldn't pass that deal up so I bought one today.

[Broken External Image]:

I figure once it gets here I will install the one I like more and sell the other. Pretty sure I am going to go Todd Jarrett since it will match my 22 "Ghost Gun." The TJ is 12.5" though so that will cover up that much more of the can.

i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_20140703_101628_zpsj8emeagk.jpg

So what say you guys. Which rail would you go with? I don't care about the keymod on the radical rail and just went with it because it was thin, light, my can would fit under it, and it was a good deal.

The other thing I am considering is since I have a free thread job from Dobbs Defense coming is perhaps cutting my 8.5" barrel down to 6.5" since I never shoot this gun unsuppressed anyway. That would leave 2" of my can sticking out from the front of the rail.

Last edited:
Are you getting a pdw stock or does pdw now just mean rail recessed?

Thinking about it, just not sure I want to mess with non standard buffers. PDW has nothing to do with the stock or rail BTW.

1. A personal defense weapon (PDW) is a compact select-fire firearm similar in most respects to a submachine gun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom