• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting season is almost over and my 300 BLK is going to be updated. Need some help....

definitely cover most of the suppressor with rail. but the length is up to our personal preference ( can you shorten without having to refile with the ATF ???)

Yeah, especially since my SBRs are all 14.5" 5.56 guns. Only notify the ATF if you make a "Permanent" alteration which you really can't do to an AR15. I suppose if I sold my 14.5" 5.56 upper some could argue that would be permanent since I couldn't easily go back, but I don't even think that would be permanent.

Even then, it doesn't really matter. They don't respond when you notify them and you don't have to wait for a reply.

12" rail isn't exactly huge in terms of rails, plus no one wants to see a gas block

So which rail homie?

Thinking I am NOT going to cut the barrel. Got to thinking that since almost an inch of the barrel is inside the upper and I loose an inch and a half to thread overlap. 6.5" barrel + 9.5" can - 1" inside receiver - 1.5" of thread overlap = 13.5" Since the rail is 12-12.5" that would only leave an inch to an inch an a half of can sticking out. A bit too short I think.

So which rail homie?

Thinking I am NOT going to cut the barrel. Got to thinking that since almost an inch of the barrel is inside the upper and I loose an inch and a half to thread overlap. 6.5" barrel + 9.5" can - 1" inside receiver - 1.5" of thread overlap = 13.5" Since the rail is 12-12.5" that would only leave an inch to an inch an a half of can sticking out. A bit too short I think.

IMO 1/2" of exposed can looks better than 1 1/2" exposed, just poking out is my preference in life and guns.

I love the Todd Jarret handguards, used to have some on my first AR15

Back
Top Bottom