• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting season is almost over and my 300 BLK is going to be updated. Need some help....

I would keep the barrel length the same and go with the YHM rail.

If you drop to the 6.5" barrel, you will see a performance loss on the 300. I seem to remember you stating that you like H110 in your loads. That extra 2 inches will be big in ensuring that most of the powder gets burned up instead of blasted into your can.

Yep. I think that YHM rail is hideous. Looks like they slapped the picatinny on as an afterthought. But, that's my opinion. I don't care for YHM's style.

that's sweet looking!!

quick question. I know those shorter barrels are fine for the 300BO round, but if you don't plan on suppressing it are there advantages to having a standard length (say a 18in) barrel? more velocity with longer barrel?

I been wanting to do a 300BO upper for awhile now, but my biggest fear is that I would never use my bolt guns again lol. last thing I would ever want to do is trade/sell off my gunsite haha!

I've got 9.5" of suppressor, 8.5" of barrel and 10" Seekins Bar rail. I really like the extra rail length but wish the rail covered at least half of the suppressor.

I'm also really liking the LWRC Ultra Compact Stock. Without the suppressor the rifle is 24.5" long. I've not had any cycling issues with the standard weight buffer either supersonic or subsonic. There are aftermarket LWRC buffers but they are $$$.

Back
Top Bottom