House to house searches

This is a pretty important topic. The precedent set for future events by what occurred in Watertown will affect LE actions not only of this nature but of common criminal manhunts that have been part of our countries history since it's inception. It bears very close scrutiny and judicial review, I have no doubt this will end up in the courts via some group or individual. The manner of this search is unprecedented in the history of criminal justice in the US. Personally, I sure as hell hope this actions like this are stopped full-tilt by the courts. Folks in the Boston metro area are a relatively unarmed populous (except for the criminals), that are used to complying much more with city and state governments than other parts of the US, lived and worked there. This type of thing could have been a disaster in other areas of the country IMO. I sure as hell would have had a problem with it and I am a pretty darn strong supporter of LE when used appropriately by honest level headed representatives of the profession.

1-there was no blanket warrant for any particular area, based on current reporting
2-martial law was not declared, based on current reporting
3-"EC" has never justified this broad of a scope of search previously, I don't think
Lots of questions need to be answered in the AAR on the procedures used here IMO.

It simply is just not what this country is about. Luckily the entire matter is now starting to be reported on, studied and reviewed by allot of different folks as it needs to be, again IMO.

In another life when I was young and somewhat naive; I will never forget moving to the metro-Boston area (long-ago) and passing under a huge sign over the interstate as I crossed into MA. stating that "possession of a firearm (or handgun ??) is a one year mandatory jail sentence". I had not even paused at that time to think about about crazy state laws; I just assumed Americans could own firearms lol, without interference from government. Trunk full of pistols and rifles. Needless to say they stayed in a closet and I got the hell out of Mass as fast as I could a year later.

I grew up in Boston and never saw such signs. Possession of firearms is legal in Massa2****s as long as you have the proper permits.

Right over the interstate as you drive into Mass, not in Boston. No doubt about it. It may say "Unregistered or Illegal" but it still is there, I sure as sh*t did not make it up for your entertainment. I worked in Southie and discussed it many times with the owner. Long time ago. And I know the laws in Mass
because I have carried for work there later in life.....and many of my friends and co-workers were from there.

Well, there's a huge difference in what you stated and "it may say unregistered or illegal". I don't really care if you made it for my entertainment or not.

It's possible that in the 20 years I lived there, I didn't come into the state on the freeway you're speaking of.

Last edited:
Well, there's a huge difference in what you stated and "it may say unregistered or illegal". I don't really care if you made it for my entertainment or not.

It's possible that in the 20 years I lived there, I didn't come into the state on the freeway you're speaking of.

Well sport, I-95 would be a pretty well known "freeway" . Unless you are 45 or over then you completely missed the time frame.

All I know is every weapon in my car would have been considered "illegal" in Mass., period, and as my post (the original one) said I was completely naive of the law and therefor had no excuse. At that period no one worried about such silliness because there was no huge disparity in our nations gun laws. Not worth arguing about a facts with someone who was not there or is too young to have seen it or experience a time in our country when we did not have to worry about it.

Quick phone call to a retired LEO from the Mass State PD.....circa late 70's early 80's (the signs on interstates coming into Mass).
Found out that,.in fact EVERY road that entered the state had these signs all worded in various ways with the same message.

ETA:
"Possession of an unregistered handgun/firearm carries a mandatory one year prison sentence"

ETA again: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...sachusetts-mandatory-one-year-jail-law-2.html

see the last post lol

I remember those signs at the border.

"Massachusetts Has A Mandatory Year In Jail Gun Law"

It became such a joke that the state took them down after they got shot full of holes.

wording off a bit, but the facts remain the same ......AND ONE MORE

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...KZpKAAAAIBAJ&sjid=iZQMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1659,880788 lol

Last edited:
Well sport, I-95 would be a pretty well known "freeway" . Whatever dude, you don't have a clue.:rolleyes: Unless you are 45 or over then you completely missed the time frame.

All I know is every weapon in my car would have been considered "illegal" in Mass., period, and as my post (the original one) said I was completely naive of the law and therefor had no excuse. Not worth arguing about a facts with someone who was not there or is too young to have seen it..in fact EVERY road that entered the state had these signs all worded in various ways with the same message.

ETA:
"Possession of an unregistered handgun/firearm carries a mandatory one year prison sentence"

Quick phone call to a retired LEO from the Mass State PD.....circa late 70's early 80's (the signs on interstates coming into Mass).

Edited to add further: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...sachusetts-mandatory-one-year-jail-law-2.html

see the last post lol

I remember those signs at the border.

"Massachusetts Has A Mandatory Year In Jail Gun Law"

It became such a joke that the state took them down after they got shot full of holes.

wording off a bit, but the facts remain the same ......AND ONE MORE

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...KZpKAAAAIBAJ&sjid=iZQMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1659,880788 lol

Maybe mastering the English language wasn't a high priority for you growing up, otherwise my initial response would have been easier for you to grasp and the sand in your vagina wouldn't have hurt so bad.

Not to mention, what kind of buffoon moves to a different state and doesn't learn the particular gun laws for said state?

Last edited:
So you thought, in all your supposed intelligence, that you were going to do some kind of internet "integrity check" and failed. I went and read some of your posts, you're a little piss ant know nothing, who thinks he's fast on the keyboard with the smart-ass comments. Go away and get some experience then try again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom