• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honestly, who would buy a Ducati?

Damn the Ducati, I want a MV Agusta.
th.jpeg

the only problem with the kawi is fragile motor likes to eat rings and clutches,smaller motor has to work harder and is harder on parts the only pint sized bike under 750 that's a complete work horse do all bike is R6 there are indestructible but the bigger bikes are less harder on parts and yes the 1liter bikes are more expensive to insure but the big picture is you spend less on one!

Yea, I will concede that liter bikes require less maintenance as a whole. But why have just one liter bike, when I can have 2 600's?

But no, R6's are waaaaaay overhyped.

You guys do realize an extra 7 horse to the wheels on a 400 lb bike makes a noticeable difference, right?
Sure, I had a push mower with 7hp one time. It cut pretty good.:p

Probably = to 60ish HP in a 3500lb car. I have to give you a hard time for knocking Ducati's though. Sometimes it's not all about straight line/ET performance. Prestige and the fun factor play into an enjoyable vehicle just as much.

Case and point. Mazda Miata's. Although slow as hell, MANY wealthy track guys choose them due to the fun factor and low expense to run, but still have their 911's, Z06's, 458's, etc when they really want that edge.

Go check out AMP one day to see what I am talking about.

I'm not sure what AMP is, but I've been to "Caffeine and Octane" when I drove BMW's, and most guy there have nice cars merely for the sake of being flashy. They don't know their own equipment worth a ****.
AMP is Atlanta Motorsports Park. Its where the guys/gals with real money go to have fun.

You guys do realize an extra 7 horse to the wheels on a 400 lb bike makes a noticeable difference, right?
7hp on an engine in the 110-120hp range is roughly 5-6% you'll never notice it unless it's on a dyno. Even then when that number is achieved any torque is long gone so there's nothing left to feel.
600's need to be treated like 125cc motocross bikes keep the rev's up and it on the pipe, a little clutch here and there and they'll make you smile all day long. Drop the revs into the basement say somewhere around 3-4k and you're working to claw your way back out.
I've seen people spend fortunes chasing what amounts to 5-10% gains, when basic suspension set up will make a bike faster for free.

I mean, Suzuki's are pretty solid. I don't like the styling (and most of the riders), but man, the 15 gsxrs are priced better than any other 15 jap bike on the market.

With the main 4 (Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda), it all comes down to personal preference.
Depends on what you are doing. For drag racing only Suzuki and Kawi are the only way to go.

Back
Top Bottom