• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honestly, who would buy a Ducati?

You gotta start somewhere. My first bike was a 636. Wasn't long before I got a GSXR 1000 and later sold that for a Ducati Monster. But, my daughter was born not long after that and that purchase was short lived

I'm just kidding I love 600's, it's fun to screw with some people though. I can have more fun wringing the snot out of 600 than riding a liter bike.
I've humiliated liter bikes on a 600 before. I really want to snatch up one of the new 250's and really build it. The new Honda looks like fun....

I'm just kidding I love 600's, it's fun to screw with some people though. I can have more fun wringing the snot out of 600 than riding a liter bike.
I've humiliated liter bikes on a 600 before. I really want to snatch up one of the new 250's and really build it. The new Honda looks like fun....
Even toss a turbo kit on a 250, switch up the gearing and I bet it would be a bad little bike

Agreed.. its another thing I loved about my twin. So much easier to ride on the track. I could let the engine lug in 4th or 5th gear around a corner (on an SV650 mind you) and still throttle out of it faster than some people reving the crap out of their 4 cylinders. And the numbers on the SV650 SUCK ASS.

I was able to just concentrate on my lines and body positioning though and the low grunt of the twin made up for my shortcomings in other area's. Especially with having a bad hip its hard for me to get my foot back on the pegs the way its supposed to be after a shift so being able just to leave it in one gear and still lap traffic out at little tally is more than enough reason for me to stick with twins.

All in all, the Ducati Monster was by far my favorite bike. And the sound....
image.jpg

God yes, I had to sell my sv650 track bike to fund a truck that would pull my race trailer since my old truck got rear ended and totaled and wasn't worth enough to get enough money to replace it blue book wise. I'm SERIOUSLY looking at replacing it with a KTM RC390 (though I've heard some bad horror stories) or the new Yamaha R3 when the funds are available again hopefully in 2 months or so

Even toss a turbo kit on a 250, switch up the gearing and I bet it would be a bad little bike

Actually I was thinking of going the other way. Add some mass/weight to the flywheel to help it pull a little harder and carry a little more speed when you chop the throttle. They already have plenty of useless rpm's and fall on their face up high in the range, a nice mid range engine is what I was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom