• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honestly, who would buy a Ducati?

You want a bike for the track get a Ducati.

Some of the best suspensions out of the box and crazy torque. Motorcycle races and won in the corners and that's where a Ducati shines.

They are expensive and not the best street bike for traffic light drags.

Never owned one or ridden one but got passed by one plenty of times on Road Atlanta at a Dave Sadowski racing class.

You want a bike for the track get a Ducati.

Some of the best suspensions out of the box and crazy torque. Motorcycle races and won in the corners and that's where a Ducati shines.

They are expensive and not the best street bike for traffic light drags.

Never owned one or ridden one but got passed by one plenty of times on Road Atlanta at a Dave Sadowski racing class.

Then why doesn't Ducati win more races?

I agree, Ducati has some of the best out of the box suspension available, but they are a little lacking in feedback.. I never felt confident on any ducati I've ever ridden, they throw into a corner great, but I always felt like I was on the edge. I can be much faster on another bike and feel much more confident about the speeds I'm going and where my limits are. I love them, but they still aren't my first choice for a track bike even. Hell, Rossi couldn't even win on the damn things and I believe his complaints were simmilar, its hard to tell where the edge is on a ducati because it feels like its always there

when you going to graduate to a big boy bike !LOL! dont get me wrong i'm a Kawi fan but the Duc is a unicorn bucket list thing, My friend has a couple and i get to ride them on occasion (multistrada one of my favs)

Probably never to what you guys call a "big boy" bike. Ducati caught my attention because I was looking at other middleweight bikes, that is, until I started looking at the specs. And no way in hell I'm getting a 1k. I can insure 2 middleweights for what it would cost me to insure one liter bike. And don't bother saying GSXR 750, cause I hate GSXR's. I'd rather keep modding Kawi 636's.

Probably never to what you guys call a "big boy" bike. Ducati caught my attention because I was looking at other middleweight bikes, that is, until I started looking at the specs. And no way in hell I'm getting a 1k. I can insure 2 middleweights for what it would cost me to insure one liter bike. And don't bother saying GSXR 750, cause I hate GSXR's. I'd rather keep modding Kawi 636's.
the only problem with the kawi is fragile motor likes to eat rings and clutches,smaller motor has to work harder and is harder on parts the only pint sized bike under 750 that's a complete work horse do all bike is R6 there are indestructible but the bigger bikes are less harder on parts and yes the 1liter bikes are more expensive to insure but the big picture is you spend less on one!

Back
Top Bottom