• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honestly, who would buy a Ducati?

Are you able to launch a bike that quick? Those #'s come from professional rider with top notch throttle/clutch control.
I can. My 0-60 times are under 1sec but that's not really fair to this conversation. LOL
Don't read too much into the articles you read. The manufactures pay for different reviews and they will reflect which ever manufacturer is paying.
Most "money" people I know didn't get rich by throwing their money away on slower stuff.
Different bikes have different uses and performance. Torque is what you want on a bike. HP is needed but torque is what you feel.

Why would you have your kid on the bike?
Stats don't support your accident theory. Getting hurt if you do get in one is higher, but not the week itself.
I wouldn't. But, tell your wife and kids they can't come with you because there isn't enough space (Minivan time).

There is the illusion of getting into a fatal accident. Whether or not facts support it, as a father and husband, it hangs over your head, especially with very paranoid spouses. It makes riding not obsolete, but much more unfeasible for a lot. I think that's what Albatross43 means.

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't ride.

I wouldn't. But, tell your wife and kids they can't come with you because there isn't enough space (Minivan time).

There is the illusion of getting into a fatal accident. Whether or not facts support it, as a father and husband, it hangs over your head, especially with very paranoid spouses. It makes riding not obsolete, but much more unfeasible for a lot. I think that's what Albatross43 means.

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't ride.
Remove all risk from life? I don't see the point, life would be too boring to continue. But that's just me. Too each there own.
I might need those "no risk" guys to take me to the hospital one day.

Remove all risk from life? I don't see the point, life would be too boring to continue. But that's just me. Too each there own.
I might need those "no risk" guys to take me to the hospital one day.
I in some way see what hes saying. Once you have kids a start a family, you have more than just yourself to look out for. Should you be killed on a motorcycle, and I hope every rider here will always be safe and injury free, things happen. I sold my bike when my daughter was born because I wanted to remodel her room, buy her everything I could and start a prepaid college fund for her. I did the same with my son as well. Dont get me wrong, my wife wouldnt mind me having a bike again and I most likely will soon. But I wanted to do everything I could to help establish a future for them(college $$$) before I buy another bike..now that thats
been done...its time to start shopping soon :rockon:
I can dream right?
SBK-Panigale-R_2015_Studio_R_B01_1920x1080.mediagallery_output_image_[750x423].png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom