• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honestly, who would buy a Ducati?

I wouldn't. But, tell your wife and kids they can't come with you because there isn't enough space (Minivan time).

There is the illusion of getting into a fatal accident. Whether or not facts support it, as a father and husband, it hangs over your head, especially with very paranoid spouses. It makes riding not obsolete, but much more unfeasible for a lot. I think that's what Albatross43 means.

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't ride.

I used to ride dirt bikes
Got my first bike when I was 12
Ain't. No . Way . I'm riding on the street

I've been in waaaay to many fender benders that scratched the bumpers on my bronco
Or slightly dented my vehicle. But would have probably been fatal or close to it if i had been on a bike

Remove all risk from life? I don't see the point, life would be too boring to continue. But that's just me. Too each there own.
I might need those "no risk" guys to take me to the hospital one day.

I totally and completely agree with this. I learned this lesson the hard way. You know what happened? I kinda just gave up... Gained a ****-ton of weight and was generally miserable in my own head and skin. Oh- and my family and I looked June Clever happy to everyone else.

If making those sacrifices for your family fuels you as a person first... Then as a father and husband- then that is freaking awesome. But for me, I made too many "noble sacrifices" that ended up costing me about a decade or so of really living. There is a balance between responsibility and paranoia... Between sacrificing, and amputating your personality.

I am just speaking to my experience, as a mother (and trust me I get plenty of **** from other mommies- plenty)... Not saying that is the OP's at all... Just saying that one mans sacrifice is another mans sanity. But I wholeheartedly agree-- to each their own :)

I've got a friend (motivated seller) selling a 2005 SR4 for 5,800... with stand. It's in excellent condition.

10313952_904821636237274_2425578412030915330_n.jpg

mx mom.png
What's the kid got to do with it?
Serious question.

hmmmm,im a MX mom,bought my son a PW50 at 4 years old,started racing at 5 years old,50's 65's 85's 250's and now 450's
best times and memories with my son have been racing,everytime he lines up at the gate on his KTM450 I say a prayer,it is in his blood/his life and passion,he is now stationed I n Korea and misses racing.when he gets stationed stateside his bikes will go with him,im a MX mom all the way,my kids are 8 years apaprt when I was pregnant with my daughter I was at a race on a sunday had her Monday AM,6 days later at a race! have tried w my daughter to ride/race/she doesn't want to(have 2014 yz85 of hers for sale)
u can get killed walking to ur mailbox is the way I always looked at the danger of putting my son on a bike!

View attachment 400341

hmmmm,im a MX mom,bought my son a PW50 at 4 years old,started racing at 5 years old,50's 65's 85's 250's and now 450's
best times and memories with my son have been racing,everytime he lines up at the gate on his KTM450 I say a prayer,it is in his blood/his life and passion,he is now stationed I n Korea and misses racing.when he gets stationed stateside his bikes will go with him,im a MX mom all the way,my kids are 8 years apaprt when I was pregnant with my daughter I was at a race on a sunday had her Monday AM,6 days later at a race! have tried w my daughter to ride/race/she doesn't want to(have 2014 yz85 of hers for sale)
u can get killed walking to ur mailbox is the way I always looked at the danger of putting my son on a bike!
Great post.
But I was referring to him getting away from bikes cause he had a kid.
BTW I was not judging, just curious.

hmmmm,im a MX mom,bought my son a PW50 at 4 years old,started racing at 5 years old,50's 65's 85's 250's and now 450's best times and memories with my son have been racing,everytime he lines up at the gate on his KTM450 I say a prayer,it is in his blood/his life and passion,he is now stationed I n Korea and misses racing.when he gets stationed stateside his bikes will go with him,im a MX mom all the way,my kids are 8 years apaprt when I was pregnant with my daughter I was at a race on a sunday had her Monday AM,6 days later at a race! have tried w my daughter to ride/race/she doesn't want to(have 2014 yz85 of hers for sale)

Ex-Wife on my 1st Harley..

ah104.com_0Misc_1975_XLH_001_1975_XLH_Spring_1978_004.JPG

There is a certain feeling when clearing a 70ft set of triples that a sportbike just can't match. Just can't bring myself to spend the cash to get back in the dirt. 8k +/- for a new 250 is almost a new liter bike. I can't even watch Supercross of MX on tv without getting the itch....
It is a very expensive sport! But so much fun!

What's the kid got to do with it?
Serious question.

It doesn't matter how good of a driver you are, people in cars driving are idiots. A buddy of mine in high school took a turn out of a neighborhood. When he took the turn, he didn't see anything around the bend. As soon as he turned out, a man and woman on a motorcycle laid their bike down, slid into his truck and died. I also had a co-worker whose husband was killed by someone who ran a red light on the way to work. He never got to meet his unborn child. My point is they're dangerous as hell despite your best efforts. I would feel completely irresponsible for putting myself at that risk. If you have kids and can accept the risk, more power to you. I agree with Ken Ford Ken Ford that you can't remove all risk from life, but if you talk to most motorcycle riders they have been in an accident at some point while riding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom