• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

***holes on planes

The back side of this argument is that cutting the seat count by 1/3 and raising the ticket price by 1/3 would equal an instant 10.66% loss in revenue. It would also mean that to meet the current demand, more airplanes, parts, support equipment, infrastructure, and manpower would also have to be added. It would, I can only guess, raise ticket prices by double or more?
Sorry, math fail, it's Friday night. Raising ticket prices by 50% on the remaining 2/3 seats would keep ticket revenue equivalent. I see your point that more equipment and personnel might be needed, but that is a prosperity problem for any business. Happier customers usually means more sales.

OK wow.....all this hating on large folks makes me want to fly more often so I can fight back. I am not a small guy but I think the tiny folk are the real asshats most of the time.

Last year on a flight back from Zurich some skinny self entitled eurotrash asshat decided to practice yoga in the aisle next to me while I was sleeping. I woke up to his ass about a foot from my face as he was doubled over sucking on his toes or some crap. I pushed him away forcefully and he fell upside down back into his seat. The flight attendant made sure to tell him to stop and apologized to me for not stopping him.

Sorry, math fail, it's Friday night. Raising ticket prices by 50% on the remaining 2/3 seats would keep ticket revenue equivalent. I see your point that more equipment and personnel might be needed, but that is a prosperity problem for any business. Happier customers usually means more sales.

You are correct. Happier is ALWAYS better when it can be done. I know that I am glad that those kind of decisions here at Delta are above my pay grade!

just landed in ATL from Houston. Was typing this while I was on hoping he would see it. You know how fatties are, they look at anything and try to figure a way to eat it. Don't get me wrong, I'm no skinny Minnie but I am not obese. I'm fat cause of beer!
Well you can't seem to follow the put your phone on plane mode....if you was typing while on the plane....guess your no better than the fatty...lol....good rant bro I'm just picking

Used to fly from coast to coast when I was in the Army. What ticked me off most was the screaming little darlings sittin' next to me whose parents wouldn't make them shut the hell up! :Cry:

Obese people on a plane is a real annoyance. The airlines have tried to address it but not sure if stuck or if they've been sued for emotional distress. Personally, I think the threshold for "two-seaters" should be much lower. I had tis obnoxious chic on my last flight. She was loud, trashy, and to top it off, pushing about 250-280lbs. She had on a tight, tank-top mini dress with tattoos in all the wrong places. Thank God it was a 90 minite flight.

Didja hit it two times? while she was eating that double bacon cheeseburger?

OK wow.....all this hating on large folks makes me want to fly more often so I can fight back. I am not a small guy but I think the tiny folk are the real asshats most of the time.

Last year on a flight back from Zurich some skinny self entitled eurotrash asshat decided to practice yoga in the aisle next to me while I was sleeping. I woke up to his ass about a foot from my face as he was doubled over sucking on his toes or some crap. I pushed him away forcefully and he fell upside down back into his seat. The flight attendant made sure to tell him to stop and apologized to me for not stopping him.

that was his idea of foreplay, he wanted some big man lovin

couldn't help myself......

I fly all the time, and im a big guy. Been racking my brain to remember if i've ever done some of the things mentioned here. Don't think i have. Fares are up, seats are packed tight. Emotions run high, and then we are locked in a tube with people and things that maybe we try to avoid elsewhere. Travel first class when you can and avoid most all of these things ......

Last edited:
I fly all the time, and im a big guy. Been racking my brain to remember if i've ever done some of the things mentioned here. Don't think i have. Fares are up, seats are packed tight. Emotions run high, and then we are locked in a tube with people and things that maybe we try to avoid elsewhere. Travel first class when you can and avoid most all of these things ......

Some folks just have to make childish and hateful comments on an Internet forum...makes them feel superior while they are living in Mama's basement. I ignore them.

I travel all the time too and I am not small. My carry on luggage fits quite nicely in the overhead and it probably cost more than the hater's whole wal-mart set. I try to get aisle seats in the extended leg room section so any overflow is manageable. My recent return flight from San Juan was a real pleasure. I didn't crush anyone or cover them in ooze or eat them.....Next Feb we fly to Buenos Aires . I hear that's a long flight.....can't wait.

I hate being stuck in the tube on international flights the most....12-18 hours in a can with anyone is enough to make you need a shower after landing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom