• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

***holes on planes

Instead of cramming more seats made only to fit people shorter than 5' 6" and under 150 lbs into the plane, they should reduce the seat count by 1/3. Take out all the middle seats and give some elbow room. Raise ticket prices by 1/3 and revenue is unchanged. Profits increase because less people means less weight, therefore less fuel. Seems reasonable to me.

is it rockin like a G6? are you buying drinks for everybody but the pilot? are you getting any mile high flight attention?

Instead of cramming more seats made only to fit people shorter than 5' 6" and under 150 lbs into the plane, they should reduce the seat count by 1/3. Take out all the middle seats and give some elbow room. Raise ticket prices by 1/3 and revenue is unchanged. Profits increase because less people means less weight, therefore less fuel. Seems reasonable to me.

The back side of this argument is that cutting the seat count by 1/3 and raising the ticket price by 1/3 would equal an instant 10.66% loss in revenue. It would also mean that to meet the current demand, more airplanes, parts, support equipment, infrastructure, and manpower would also have to be added. It would, I can only guess, raise ticket prices by double or more?

And the sorry fatty is always the one trying the wheel their oversize 'carry on' down the aisle, getting jammed every 4 feet. lazy sob's

The back side of this argument is that cutting the seat count by 1/3 and raising the ticket price by 1/3 would equal an instant 10.66% loss in revenue. It would also mean that to meet the current demand, more airplanes, parts, support equipment, infrastructure, and manpower would also have to be added. It would, I can only guess, raise ticket prices by double or more?
This is a rant thread no one needs logic.

That's my luck too when I fly!
Too bad we can't always have this next to us on a plane:

images.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom