• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hikers Companion Pistol?

I carry a Judge PD (Polymer) when I am out hiking or camping. It’s loaded with bird shot, carry PDX 1’s as well as buck shot if needed.

Buck- I’d for predators is for hours of limited visibility.

PDX’s- is for is when I come into a populated area. Tromping through the Chat National Forest, I have run into some still sights where the occupants were not on site or not paying attention.

Quickly leaving, I always want to ensure if there was ever to be some sort of altercation, I have rounds that will do damage if needed.

I also use this as a truck gun with the first two rounds bird shot.

Why you may ask.....

I don’t have to aim the firearm, point and click.... Someone gets a face full of WTF....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry a Judge PD (Polymer) when I am out hiking or camping. It’s loaded with bird shot, carry PDX 1’s as well as buck shot if needed.

Buck- I’d for predators is for hours of limited visibility.

PDX’s- is for is when I come into a populated area. Tromping through the Chat National Forest, I have run into some still sights where the occupants were not on site or not paying attention.

Quickly leaving, I always want to ensure if there was ever to be some sort of altercation, I have rounds that will do damage if needed.

I also use this as a truck gun with the first two rounds bird shot.

Why you may ask.....

I don’t have to aim the firearm, point and click.... Someone gets a face full of WTF....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't have to aim? yeah, ok.

If you are concerned of animals that size I'd go 10mm. I dont think you have to worry about those larger ones in GA. Rare and will probably avoid you. I'd be worried about coyotes if you hike with a smaller dog down to rattlesnakes/copperheads and maybe a rabid coon or possum. 40 cal on down to 38 is fine for that. I'd have a couple snake rounds at the top of my carry mag. A plain glock 26 would be good. The bigger mag would be my preference. When in doubt more rounds on target is good.
https://possumfacts.com/do-possums-carry-rabies/

Diamondback DB-9
weighs 13 oz empty,
or about 1 lb. with 7 rounds of ammo.
Oh, and it costs under $300.

Bad thing though is that it's got a very short barrel and sight radius.
I would much prefer that it had a 4 inch or 4.5 inch long barrel.

575897CD-2FD8-42F7-A0BC-A5A621F18608.jpeg
it's

Back
Top Bottom