help with controlled pair fundamentals

Jack O A T Jack O A T ur edit is hilarious. Yeah ur right, I have thought about getting back into ipsc/idpa/steel challenges. I really need too. Currently I have too much on my plate, nfa stuff. I got bit by the sbr & cans bug, got a small fortune going into that. Lol. I'd like to get under one of yalls wings though and get back into it!

Jack O A T Jack O A T ur edit is hilarious. Yeah ur right, I have thought about getting back into ipsc/idpa/steel challenges. I really need too. Currently I have too much on my plate, nfa stuff. I got bit by the sbr & cans bug, got a small fortune going into that. Lol. I'd like to get under one of yalls wings though and get back into it!
Hey man, I'll scoot over and give you some room under the wing I'm under!

It is a common thought that trigger reset is an important component of shooting fast and accurate. Common.....but not necessarily right. Trigger reset has it's place in accurate shooting, target shooting, competitive shooting. Trigger reset really doesn't exists in close quarter defensive shooting or competitive close range fast/accurate shooting. The man below can shoot as fast and accurate as about anyone alive. He has some very informative things to say about reset.

Here is an additional video addressing shooting fast, also very informative. Notice how speed is an enemy to reset. Even though a 1911 trigger has very little travel past the rest point, I don't think D. Koenig is spending any time/effort attempting to find the reset point.

You can be fast/accurate as you possibly can, the answer to close quarter/close range shooting. You can be very accurate, using time and reset to your advantage, the answer to precise shooting that extended range engagements require . IMHO you can't do both simultaneously.....they are mutually exclusive.

Teachng to shoot from reset is simply a tool I like to use in Basic classes to accomplish two more important goals.... trigger control & accuracy.
Shooters who can shoot singles, controlled pairs, doubletaps, & then bill drills quickly & accurately must have a solid base of fundamentals.... stance, grip, sight picture/ sight alignment, & trigger press/ trigger control.

I agree that advanced shooters don't focus on shooting from reset very much.... especially when shooting fast & close.

However too many shooters skip past important elements such as proper trigger control in their quest to shoot as fast as possible.... often faster than they are capable of being accurate.

Jack O A T Jack O A T what division do u shoot in and what do u shoot?
I shoot both SSP and Practical with a G34 Gen4(Blue Label). I was shooting it box stock (TFO sights) but FINALLY broke down last week and installed a "-" connector and did a $.25 trigger job. After one match, I think it was a good decision. ;)

I shoot both SSP and Practical with a G34 Gen4(Blue Label). I was shooting it box stock (TFO sights) but FINALLY broke down last week and installed a "-" connector and did a $.25 trigger job. After one match, I think it was a good decision. ;)
I would be interested in a stock production type class or a 1911 single stack class.

@woodstock did u see the criticism I received early on when I started this thread? Lol. Then world renown grandmaster DOUG KOENIG refers to this method of shooting "double taps". Haha. It's funny to me as I try and find the good in everything and always smile and always willing to listen to other people's opinions.

Back
Top Bottom