• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hard Choice Question? on SHTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not ditch her now and save the trouble later? Find yourself a newer, more agreeable, model. I think it would be far less cruel to do it now than during the zombie apocalypse.

The fact is the scenario you are envisioning is highly unlikely. It is much more likely you will bug in and survive in your fortified position. Are you going to throw her out of her own home?
What ditch her now and find a whole new Pain in the Arse.
And no Im not gonna throw her out, may have to eat her later,lol "yeah I know ,here its comes"

44 years ago we each pledged "for better or worst til death do we part". That's the way it will be. I did not make that pledge to my children.

Someone called?

I'm gonna be blunt like Bill. SHTF is nature's way to thin the herd (sheep). Those who are wanting to survive will prepare and do their best to make it through, those that are sheeples will run around with their heads cut off in disbelief that their lives can be turned upside down, and in the end not able to accept the change physically or mentally - just like the wife in The Road, she did not have the will to go on.

So you don't need to ditch her. Bring her along as far as you can. If shtf is mild everyone makes it, if it's rough the weak will not make it by themselves - all part of natural selection.

And to those who question why people here are prepping - RIP brother, nice know you.

Last edited:
Push, pull or drag, I'm hanging on to her as long as I possibly can. I hope I can protect my kids as well but I swore, just like Harold, till death do we part. And that no sooner than it has to be. My kids are grown now so I expect them to be capable, but even if they were with us,m I married my wife. She is first. And, yes I know she doesn't feel the same.

Someone called?

I'm gonna be blunt like Bill. SHTF is nature's way to thin the herd (sheep). Those who are wanting to survive will prepare and do their best to make it through, those that are sheeples will run around with their heads cut off in disbelief that their lives can be turned upside down and in the end not able to accept the change physically or mentally - just like the wife in The Road, she did not have the will to go on.

So you don't need to ditch her. Bring her along as far as you can. If shtf is mild everyone makes it, if it's rough the weak will not make it by themselves - all part of natural selection.

And to those who question why people here are prepping - RIP brother, nice know you.

Well said Brother! I knew you would put it on point and be honest about it!

If your only priority in life is to survive, why take the daughter? Is she there to keep you alive too?
Didn't you make some kind of promise to your wife?
For some, honor is more important than an extra few years of life.

I think you missed my point, ? Its not about my owne survival, it keeping my daughter safe and teaching her to survive if I am dispatched in the event.
Not going to "DRAG" the wife if she if she cant run with the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom