• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hard Choice Question? on SHTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowman3861

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
195   0
Reaction score
How many of you on ODT, Have come to the conclusion that if in any SHTF situation.
That you wil have to leave your wife behind, and only bugout with your child?
I watched the movie "THE ROAD" When it first came out, and his situation really makes alot of sence to me now,"sad to say".
My daughter is 11 now and has a vast know how in shooting and the breakdown and safety on the guns she is shooting.
She is learning her skills in hunting and how to survive.
She has early skills in welding and mechanics.
Everything she has learned from me including skills of other animals and how they survive and think, including people.
And being aware of your surroundings at all times.
We dont dwell on why she needs to know all this, but just to know it, if a time may come to have to use it.
My wife? well thats a whole differant sheeple.
I cant be the only one on here dealing with this?
And no Im not a out of hand preper, but we do not think about things the same way.
Long before all this SHTF thinking became so mainstream, I was thinking like this all my life.
Starting with faimly in the military, Boyscouts, Hunting and eating what you kill.
Just being raised outdoors in general.
So lets hear it! ???????

Me , my Wife and Kid are a core unit..NO ONE LEFT BEHIND.
The only way one would be left is if the die.

Gotta choose to make your stand.

-
Added note: seen "the Road" decent movie wasnt as good as I had expected

I wouldn't leave my wife behind for anything. No matter what. We live together, we die together.
Im very glad to hear you say that, I think you are blessed.
But in my case Im not gonna drag some one who is going to question every move with a debate.
It will get those who wish to survive, to end up dead.
To me human life is everything, but there is a fine line!

Im very glad to hear you say that, I think you are blessed.
But in my case Im not gonna drag some one who is going to question every move with a debate.
It will get those who wish to survive, to end up dead.
To me human life is everything, but there is a fine line!

Sound like you need to have a heart to heart with her. Ive talked to my girlfriend and she knows what to do and what not to do ( or say) when the STHF. Worse time to disagree is when you and the lives of others are in danger. Her main job is to load mags everytime I drop them... so its safe to say she will be too busy to say anything :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom