• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hard Choice Question? on SHTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Till death do us part does not mean you both have to die at the same time.

If granny kicks the bucket first I guess somebody needs to bust a cap in old granpa 'cause his contract to live just ended. :bolt:

Last edited:
Till death do us part does not mean you both have to die at the same time.

If granny kicks the bucket first I guess somebody needs to bust a cap in old granpa 'cause his contract to live just ended.

It DOES mean you don't abandon her to her death though.

So, if your wife tells you: I'm ready to die so I am going to set the house on fire, you are not going to attempt to get your child to safety; you are just going to sit there with her while she kills everybody?

That would be just fine if it's just two dumbaces deciding to die together but the child should have an option.

So, if your wife tells you: I'm ready to die so I am going to set the house on fire, you are not going to attempt to get your child to safety; you are just going to sit there with her while she kills everybody?

That would be just fine if it's just two dumbaces deciding to die together but the child should have an option.

rediculous analogy. My wife is not an enthusiastic prepper and has no desire to strap n a GHB but if I have to I will carry enough for both of us rather than tell her she's on her own. If you are married and that doesn't make sense to you, you need to rethink why you are married in the first place. I married a woman to spend my life with, however short or long that may be.

I prefer to think that most of the resistance to prepping is denial. I prep right on in hopes that she is right, but in the suspicion that I am. If/when it hits the fan she will wake up to the new rality VERY fast and between kicking herself she will study real hard and get very supportive. I've seen her do it. But NOT if I just piss all over my marriage vows and cast her aside like a worn out shoe.

I've read a few comments and I'll say this about a shtf situation. All you can do is make sure everyone is on the same page and work together. You will not suceed as one person verse another who is part of a group working together to survive. People working together is a great advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom