• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ham Radio People Metro ATL

There is a lady in Cummings ga whose husband died. She has a ham tower with antenna and rotator for free. Just have to take it down. It's on fb marketplace. Thought I'd pass it on.
Any idea how tall and gauge of tower? There are a few things I can take down by myself but if it gets over 35 or 40 feet then I just can't do it.
Thanks
N5GWU
Sorry, I don't have facebook (had it but got hacked and then when I bellyached FB took down my account).

Went to an estate sale this morning in Douglasville. Guy was a Ham, had a ton of 2 meter stuff but they priced it way too high. Did pick up a US Army Signal Corp J36 key for $40 that is pretty nice. Still a lot of 2 meter stuff that people are not recognizing what it is so might be some deals tomorrow. 2955 Flowers Drive, Douglasville 30135

I like to listen , I'm not a lic. Holder and just have a hodge lodge of stuff. Don't know how to use most of it. At 63 I'm too lazy and have too much going on to try to learn.
I'm 70 and have been a Ham since 1983, first licensed when I was stationed on Crete. I'm a Morse guy by trade but am rapidly losing my hearing and while I don't care for the digital stuff it looks like that is going to be the only way I can be on the air soon. Keep listening and you'll hear some amazing stuff. I've worked folks all over the world and done a lot of contesting but these days it's not often that wife will turn me loose to hide in the shack for an hour or two.

I just joined the ranks of the licensed and have yet to receive my call sign.

I guess I will start off with a dual band handheld and see where that leads.

I may also get a license and handheld for GMRS.

I am presently not ready to spend the money for a very good mobile or base station. Maybe I will decide to do that after I get some experience under my belt.

Any home station would have to tip toe around the HOA. So my attic would be the only suitable location for an HF antenna.

I just joined the ranks of the licensed and have yet to receive my call sign.

I guess I will start off with a dual band handheld and see where that leads.

I may also get a license and handheld for GMRS.

I am presently not ready to spend the money for a very good mobile or base station. Maybe I will decide to do that after I get some experience under my belt.

Any home station would have to tip toe around the HOA. So my attic would be the only suitable location for an HF antenna.

Congrats on getting your ticket. I hold a General and never felt the need to go further since I have more frequency spectrum than I can use now. What ticket did you get?

Hey guys,

I had a relative pass away and his widow gave me a bunch of Ham Radio parts. I'd like to sell them and give here the money. Where would be the best place to advertise them? Also, would any of you be willing to help me identify some of the parts and put a ball park on the pricing? I've attached a few pics for review.
Thanks!

IMG_5688.JPG
IMG_5687.JPG
IMG_5686.JPG
IMG_5685.JPG
IMG_5684.JPG
IMG_5683.JPG
IMG_5682.JPG
IMG_5681.JPG

Back
Top Bottom