• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Guns and calibers for the day after SHTF...

Primary will be 5.56 and 40 cal in AR format and Glocks mostly. I also have a dedicated .22 upper and a suppressor that could see use in many ways. Primary handguns would be in 40 but have backups in Glock and 1911 for 45 should we stumble across some as well. Planning on hunkering down with close friends should we need too.

A 308 bolt gun will be near by and would like to add an AR in 308 as we all know that a 308 turns cover into concealment.

a few 870's would be close too.

My wife and young sons are great shots with .22 and 223 so I would think that we would all have a mix of rifles for sure.

Ammo in large quantities:
12 g

Due to my recent trade for a CZ 52 I am going to stock up on 7.62x25. Wicked round and only about $90 for 1240rds. Bout the same price for quality .22 cal ammo.

LOL agree with cfair414 that would jus be easier and cheaper, other than that have to go with what I already have Glock 27, XD40SB, Tapco sks (3 2rnders) and Scoped New Model blackhawk and lots of ammo, I'll make it work

I'm sticking with a mini-14 (easier to clean than an AR, synthetic stock is durable and I shoot it better with irons) and a few Glocks in 9mm (17,19) I've got a ton of ammo. I know this is a guns and calibers thread but I wanted to add that a Garmin E-trex is a huge part of my BOB I have 2 (one for the wife also) they run on readily available AA batteries and let you know not only where you are, where you've been, rendevous points etc.

.45 for me, .40 for her. 38 for our little one, 590 9 shot 12 ga for hunting and protection and a 30.06 to reach out and say "HI!" Let's not forget the 10/22 as a backup. A Ka-Bar for me, a Gerber for her and a surprisingly tough as nails full tang Appalachian Trails hunting knife for my little girl. Glad I held onto my extra military equipment.
I pass HD diesel powered 4x4 PUs all day that have never been off road in their existence, there should be plenty of those parked everywhere.

Last edited:
Three for me
AR 15 pistol with optics a lot of ammo and mags
Glock 27 w/ ammo and extended mags
And I'll take my Winchester model 70 (270) scoped with synthetic Stock
Those are my best 3 for any situation out of my small armory at the momment

long range would be winchester mod. 70 in 308,
close to med. range a good .22 rim fire should do the job.
close to hands on would be s&w 19 , no jams just trigger pull.
buck 119 hunting knife for everything else.
a gps is deff. in the B.O.B. ,
the 22 is good for hunting small and larger game ( deer, hog, ect. )without damaging any eatable meat, the 308 for the zombies, 19 for close quarter defense, buck 119 is in mho the best all around hunting knife there is,

Marlin 1894 lever action in .357/38 in stainless with a scout scope, Smith and Wesson 386 XL Hunter 357/38 lee Hand press, dies , bullet mold, bullet puller and primers. With wheel weights, and powder pulled from any ammo I come across I can load what I need. .357 will serve for hunting/ defense. I would likely have a .22 revolver in stainless.

Back
Top Bottom