• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Guns and calibers for the day after SHTF...

Since there are a few in my Family, the .30 carbine, the AK, the S/W 12ga Street Sweeper for in close. My Scoped .22, Scoped Win Mod 70 .243. & my Scoped Nikko .300Weatherby Mag for Long Range. Hand Guns 1911 .45acp, Colt .380acp, Dan Wesson .357. I keep 250-1k+ for everything except the 12ga. on hand, and plenty of reloading supplies. Depending on the senario I have others to choose from, but those are my run for it weapons.

Ar in 5.45
AK in 5.45
M&P's in 9mm
30-30
K98( So I can feel super BA whenever I need to)
MAYBE a shotgun.

Seriously. 30rds of 5.45 > 8 rounds of 12 guage any day if you ask me.

Ar in 5.45
AK in 5.45
M&P's in 9mm
30-30
K98( So I can feel super BA whenever I need to)
MAYBE a shotgun.

Seriously. 30rds of 5.45 > 8 rounds of 12 guage any day if you ask me.

Only guy I saw that said anything about a 30-30. It may be the best all around survival weapon known to the western world. Easy to clean, lots of ammo out there, .30cal, can reload in battery, easy to operate, easy to train others on, low profile (grey) relatively light, accurate, it has it all, PLUS....no one else using it, means that leaves more ammo for TacticalTaco and me.

yup. but in this situation you'd be limited to what you can carry. bear in mind food and other things you're lugging. there won't be gas for vehicles. unless you have a horse n wagon. not gonna be good either way. i'd rather have something to harvest small game etc, and try to avoid firefights.

Has anyone mentioned rifle/pistol caliber combos?

I have a Rossi 92 and a Ruger Blackhawk, both in .357. I also have a Lee Loader. The total kit would be relatively lightweight and should cover you in most situations you'd find yourself in during a real SHTF situation.

Personally, sticking with 45, 9mm, 223 and a butt load of ammo and mags. Glock 36 & colt(s), glock 26 & browning high power(s) and AR respectively.

Back
Top Bottom