• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gov. Kemp says repeal citizens arrest law

I'm almost convinced Gimp cut a deal with the dems for a second term ( we all know they control the votes now) and if true he's going to have a bad day when they stab him in the back.

The media quotes Kemp as saying voter fraud claims haven’t held up in court and are therefore baseless, but everything I’ve seen states that the courts wouldn’t hear the cases, not due to lack of merit, but because those who filed them had no standing and other procedural nonsense.

Anyone who is a Georgia voter should have standing, right?

There is not a shred of common sense in use here from my perspective at all.

The media quotes Kemp as saying voter fraud claims haven’t held up in court and are therefore baseless, but everything I’ve seen states that the courts wouldn’t hear the cases, not due to lack of merit, but because those who filed them had no standing and other procedural nonsense.

Anyone who is a Georgia voter should have standing, right?

There is not a shred of common sense in use here from my perspective at all.

Very few cases were dismissed for lack of standing.

Some were dismissed because the dumbazzes filed them in the wrong court. By and large federal courts have no jurisdiction over state election procedures. How elections are conducted is left up to the states, within broad Constitutional guidelines (race, sex, age).

The cases mostly were dismissed on the merits, because the plaintiffs could not produce any evidence to support their claims. If you really understood how spurious a complaint has to be to get dismissed on its face, you would appreciate the scope (or lack of scope) of the evidence to support the claims.

so what if I wanted to detain someone from taking may merchandise at my house?

This is not true. I have used it to detain a guy who broke into my cars in my driveway. Under Kemp's proposal, the thief and I would have both been arrested.

Both of those situations are governed by O.C.G.A. 16-3-23 Use of force in defense of habitation, and 16-3-24 Use of force in defense of property other than a habitation. You can still stop someone from taking merchandise from you home or breaking into you car....basically you can defend your property.

I think the new bill will prevent you from making a citizens arrest outside of your property for a suspected property crime, in other words in a public place. It's a direct response to the two idiots that attempted to detained and then killed that man in a middle of a public street in Brunswick.

And on a side note(nothing to do with the above response).....we have two new democratic senators because republicans and other conservatives stayed home and didn't vote in the run off....you know, because "the voting is fixed anyway". If they choose to stick out there lips again and not vote we might end up with Stacy Abrams as governor. If they do the adult thing and vote, we won't.

Both of those situations are governed by O.C.G.A. 16-3-23 Use of force in defense of habitation, and 16-3-24 Use of force in defense of property other than a habitation. You can still stop someone from taking merchandise from you home or breaking into you car....basically you can defend your property.

I think the new bill will prevent you from making a citizens arrest outside of your property for a suspected property crime, in other words in a public place. It's a direct response to the two idiots that attempted to detained and then killed that man in a middle of a public street in Brunswick.

And on a side note(nothing to do with the above response).....we have two new democratic senators because republicans and other conservatives stayed home and didn't vote in the run off....you know, because "the voting is fixed anyway". If they choose to stick out there lips again and not vote we might end up with Stacy Abrams as governor. If they do the adult thing and vote, we won't.
So, if I see a perp breaking into my car on my internet security camera while I'm not home and I call the neighbor to go tackle the guy, my neighbor gets arrested?

So, if I see a perp breaking into my car on my internet security camera while I'm not home and I call the neighbor to go tackle the guy, my neighbor gets arrested?
No.

Read 16-3-23 Use of force in defense of habitation and 16-3-24.1 Habitation and personal property defined

Back
Top Bottom