Gov. Kemp says repeal citizens arrest law

Citizens arrest is a joke. I don’t know what really went on down in Brunswick but that “citizens arrest” was the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard

citizens arrest really only has one useful place and that’s detaining a shoplifter in your store until the cops arrive. That’s about all you can get away with anyway.

Who cares if it goes bye-bye?

Go ahead and put those anti-Kemp bumper stickers on your car. Look like a Stacy lover. I’ll vote for kemp over her any day.

god dang y’all ODT’rs are the whiniest m’frs on the planet
This is not true. I have used it to detain a guy who broke into my cars in my driveway. Under Kemp's proposal, the thief and I would have both been arrested.

This is not true. I have used it to detain a guy who broke into my cars in my driveway. Under Kemp's proposal, the thief and I would have both been arrested.
Ok, sure, you could use it for that. I’ll concede there.

But, the guy could’ve ran off and you could’ve done nothing about it. Literally nothing.

Same with the shoplifting, if they run off you’re out of luck.

His intent for this is to keep any Georgia Citizen from executing a citizen's arrest on him for is outright voter fraud collusion and election meddling. IMO, the man is a criminal and I'm going to primary him, his Lt. Governor, and the Secretary of State the first chance I get.

Yet another knee jerk reaction to a problem that does not exist. This is a pathetic little man's attempt at virtue signalling. This is feel good legislation at its finest.

Apparently Bubba1 McMichael and Bubba2 McMichael thought citizens arrest was a good idea and look where that got them. Zimmerman also wanted to play cops and robbers.

Good luck to anyone here who supposedly “carries responsibly” yet decides to escalate a situation by attempting to citizens arrest someone who may have committed a small crime. These bad guys resist arrest by the actual police.

Wonder if chasing down someone who is unarmed quickly makes you the aggressor? Hint: it does.

Just call the police, people. Let them do the dirty work.

Now, if you are witnessing a forcible felony, do what you think is right for the situation.

citizens arrest needs to go bye-bye because it opens the doors for dumbassery

Read The article!
Kemp is going along with this as part of a social justice movement --
to make Black people safer from white racist cops and white racist vigilantes.

For the love of God, Kemp, put the shovel down and back away.

Your management strategy for COVID which kept our State open would have won you another term but you are blowing it, starting with your absence during the election!
I'm almost convinced Gimp cut a deal with the dems for a second term ( we all know they control the votes now) and if true he's going to have a bad day when they stab him in the back.

Back
Top Bottom