• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got the crud (NOW COVID POSITIVE)

i've been dealing with it since Christmas Eve.
i think it's finallly over , the coughing was the worst i've had.
the most effective thing so far has been Vicks Vaporub on my chest at night.
Pretty sure I had Omicron last year. Worst part for me was sweating up my whole side of the bed more than once every damn night. Go to bed freezing and wake up sweating. Damn that sucked. But on the up side that's probably what helped me keep from getting it last month when my son got it for about a week. Then I was at the Perry Hospital for another week with my Mom who wound up with Covid Pneumonia. It was looking real bad for a while.

One thing I learned over this last month. Much as I care and want to be helpful I am NOT a caregiver. It is SO draining and depressing. And then I feel bad cause you know, that's my Mom and it ain't her fault. But damn, just the whole overnight hospital experience especially for more than one night.

One thing I learned over this last month. Much as I care and want to be helpful I am NOT a caregiver. It is SO draining and depressing. And then I feel bad cause you know, that's my Mom and it ain't her fault. But damn, just the whole overnight hospital experience especially for more than one night.
That’s a tough assignment no matter who you are. But kudos for having the guts to admit it and still step up to the plate.:thumb:

Feel like crap. No energy. Congestion and a major headache. Tested NEGATIVE for Covid and no fever.
It’s terrible! The cough is killer! Alka-Seltzer plus liquid Mucinex is the only thing I took took about four days before it finally eased up! Get better soon!

It’s terrible! The cough is killer! Alka-Seltzer plus liquid Mucinex is the only thing I took took about four days before it finally eased up! Get better soon!
I used to swear by AlkaSeltzer Plus and Dayquil. Somewhere along the line they changed the formula for the AS Plus and it went from tasting like regular Alka Seltzer to horrible. In fact it tastes like they tried adding a fake sweetener which ALWAYS screws things up. Don't try to make medicine taste better. I ain't 3 years old. I can knock it back like a shot and get on about my day.

Back
Top Bottom