• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well, I've got diabetes now it would seem.

Type 2 diabetes is a choice brother.

Eat clean meats and fats and cut out all carbohydrates.

Or start a never ending diabetes+ subscription plan from big pharma that keeps you medicated till you get dementia and die.

Choice is yours.
I hate to agree, however that's just about right....I'm on 500MG of Metformin twice a day....I was eating like ****!!! I knew I was taking in too much sugar....when he diagnosed me(type2), and put me on that crap, I cleaned up my diet, started going to the gym...I cut the dose by one pill(didn't tell Dr) went back, and I was at 5.7...BTW you can't be checked but every 6 months.....the change will not show up any faster...
clean up your diet, loose some weight, and get some exercise...I treadmill 2X per week....for 45-60 minuets...it's ABOUT YOUR HERT RATE.... you gotta get the heart up to your designated exercise speed or your not really doing anything for yourself....2x is only BARELY enough, I need to add another day....
Quitting sugar is the hardest thing I've ever had to kick...it makes stopping smoking look like a walk in the park....THE CRAVING NEVER STOPS!! even after two years....IT NEVER STOPS!!!
what ever your age...think of your poor pancreas!!! mine is 69 years old, and it needs a bit of help!!!

Doc prescribed metformin for a 6.9 AIC anyone else take metformin experiencing any issues with the drug?

Lifes a beach then you die.

Good news though my Ruger mini 14 tactical 5.56 is on its way. A team stock just sitting here waiting for it.

Do low carb or keto and start working out. This is advice from one fat kid to another. It works.

Watch anything with sugar sure but also high fructose corn syrup (a real killer) and hydrogenated vegetable oils. Do NOT use the "healthy" butter alternatives. Use real butter only or coconut/olive oils and that sparingly.

I avoid white food except for cauliflower. Bread, crackers, cake, potatoes, potato chips, corn chips, hell, just about any chip, fries, etc., are all the debil for a diabetic. Popcorn too.

Green veg (not peas) or meats and fish are were you should get your calories unless you are on a rigorous exercise regimen.

My Dr was just scratching her head when I came off all my meds on my own, my blood pressure normalized, blood sugar a1c normal and cholesterol was pristine all on a diet of water, salt, beef, butter, bacon and eggs with the occasional coffee with heavy cream. The experts don't know ****

Most doctors are basically mechanics.

A lot of biological mechanisms are well described, but not well understood. Their interactions are often very poorly understood.

This doesn't mean that doctors are ncessarily bad people, they're just not as knowledgable as they'd like you to believe.

Doctors in America are the absolute best and amazing if you have a heart attack, stroke, gunshot wound, stuck your hand in a lawnmower, caught yourself on fire or any other emergency situation that needs immediate care. Wouldn't argue with them or debate for a split second how to take of such tragedies.

But general health advice? 99% of them are absolutely clueless. Just read the CDC's recommendation for treating diabetes, once you get past all the woke crap about diabetes disproportionately effecting minorities you get to their recommendations of eating giant bowls of melons.

They don't want you to get better, there's no money in it for them.

You don't have to be on their drugs for the rest of your life.

Back
Top Bottom