• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well, I've got diabetes now it would seem.

My Dr was just scratching her head when I came off all my meds on my own, my blood pressure normalized, blood sugar a1c normal and cholesterol was pristine all on a diet of water, salt, beef, butter, bacon and eggs with the occasional coffee with heavy cream. The experts don't know ****
Perplexed my old doc too. New doc has a different outlook.

If you follow the American Diabetic Assn's recommended diet you'll always need meds and it will eventually kill you.

My Dr was just scratching her head when I came off all my meds on my own, my blood pressure normalized, blood sugar a1c normal and cholesterol was pristine all on a diet of water, salt, beef, butter, bacon and eggs with the occasional coffee with heavy cream. The experts don't know ****
The ODT has a way with doing medical miracles, as well as enchanting folks economic situations...more miracles on this site that anywhere else!!

Doc prescribed metformin for a 6.9 AIC anyone else take metformin experiencing any issues with the drug?

Lifes a beach then you die.

Good news though my Ruger mini 14 tactical 5.56 is on its way. A team stock just sitting here waiting for it.
I didn't read through all the previous comments because I don't have time right now, but wanted to go ahead and get this out there: I was on Metformin for several years, off for several years, back on for almost two years and was taken off it again (by my Dr this time) about two week ago!! She said that I have beaten diabetes... I do exercise and strictly count carbs/watch my food intake as I continue to monitor w/ my CGM!! But, it can be done!! I have a beaten up and bruised body w/ 1 missing toe and eyes that barely work from diabetes because I didn't take it seriously, but still alive. I am down to around 200 pounds from a high weight of over 400. Can't say I feel any better, but I can say being hospitalized and out of work for months at a time suck!!

Back
Top Bottom