Votes: 26 27.1%
  • Seems like something cool to do after eating a couple tacos

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • We all know we've done it.... Shhh.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I do it all the time, no big deal.

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
Exercise your rights if there's a good reason, I can't think of many, otherwise why fuel the fire ?

The only time I've come close is going to a neighbor's, (English non gun owners), after they called saying they thought there was someone trying to break in. I walked over there with a 12ga, but didn't find anyone.

Good question. But it would also be interesting to know how many CCers have been found dead at the scenes of mass shootings as well. But, typically, mass shooters are hell bent on their objectives. I doubt that an open carry individual would be a major deterrent. Kind of like the "no firearms" signs. There was a posting of a cartoon on Facebook not long ago. There were two well armed and masked individuals standing at what looked the door to a bank or something. There was a "No Firearms" sign posted on the door. The caption read something like, "Well damn, I guess we just go back home then." Laughed hard at that one.

How many CCers hid behind cover until everything was over?

Open carry will not PREVENT a mass shooting. They are just going to shoot the person OCing first.

You can't prove a negative, and I won't try to. But I've never seen any evidence of your assertion either. Where are all these dead open carriers you speak of?

I don't think I ever open carry unless you count carrying OWB under a jacket some in the winter. Hell I just built a gate and worked on my garden in the backyard carrying IWB.

image.jpg
...on my belt buckle :thumb:

Like this?

We older people know exactly what I am telling, In 1967 I had a buddy that lived in small town, we would go to local dump an shoot rats . We would throw our 22 on our shoulders an walk thru town on way, an no one would take notice. If you stopped to talk to someone they would ask where you hunting. Today the SWAT team would show up, an you would have a record by 12yrs old ,To think what we as a people have given up simply by going along to get along, an accept from the Media as normal, I try not to ponder on because it makes me mad as H .

Open carry will not PREVENT a mass shooting. They are just going to shoot the person OCing first.

No evidence to support this assertion.

Same for the same assertion when a crime is being committed "The bad guys will take out the OC carrier first." Having dealt with several bona fide bad guys, they aren't that focused. They don't do any kind of risk assessment. They aren't that bright or they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. A high percentage of cases, they are hopped on something that wipes out their reasoning capacity.

You will find a lot more cases where some genius tries to hold up the local cop bar than you will where the bad guy hunts down the OC. That fool who shot up the theater in Colorado would have done the same thing if every one on the back row had had an AR-15. Same for the Muslims in California -- they were just lucky there weren't some cops at the party. But they still didn't seek out and shoot specific people.

Note, I'm not advocating OC because I don't have time to deal with inevitable hassle. I have on a very few instances OC'ed when I was all strapped up for hunting, and didn't feel like peeling every thing off. Usually this is in a "gun friendly" environment like the local biscuit and coffee hangout. Although I've gone to the local Kroger a time or two OC because I didn't have time to put on something I could carry concealed, and being as it was real late/early in the morning, there weren't any bunny huggers around.

Back
Top Bottom