• Seems like something cool to do after eating a couple tacos

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • We all know we've done it.... Shhh.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I do it all the time, no big deal.

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
flashback 002.JPG
I open carry my RPG 7, eat a little rat meat and rice and have PTSD, squat in the yard, but the Government pays me well and my HV plates give me up front parking, so I'm cool with OC :clap2:View attachment 699756

Unless you going hunting, I don't see the need or reasoning for walking around with a rifle of any type. What you feel like you need to hunt with is completely up to you. If you feel that you need 30 rounds to bring down a deer, fine. I would suggest a bit more practice though. :D That being said, I'm not uncomfortable with people open carrying pistols, and I can completely see the reasoning there. I would not open carry any weapon though. There are just too many idiots out there, and I don't have the patience for their negativity. Besides, in my opinion, open carry only makes you a target. It's a sad fact that there is a possibility that we may someday be in a situation with a mass shooter. Who is that mass shooter going to take out first? The people that they know have guns. So, open carry doesn't do much for a dead person. But don't worry, the rest of us that carry concealed will take the bastard down for you.

Imagine that scenario today, both of you would have been face down in the grass, charged with a crime and your parents arrested as well. Your entire life would be turned upside down, not to mention the thousands upon thousands of dollars spent on a trial defending you and your parents. That is if you were simply shot on the side of the road for resisting!
Just like back in the day....Thegym teachers used to let us duke it out if you got off bad with a bully or something. And now 13 year oolds are being charged with assault for wrestling in the locker rooms.

Unless you going hunting, I don't see the need or reasoning for walking around with a rifle of any type. What you feel like you need to hunt with is completely up to you. If you feel that you need 30 rounds to bring down a deer, fine. I would suggest a bit more practice though. :D That being said, I'm not uncomfortable with people open carrying pistols, and I can completely see the reasoning there. I would not open carry any weapon though. There are just too many idiots out there, and I don't have the patience for their negativity. Besides, in my opinion, open carry only makes you a target. It's a sad fact that there is a possibility that we may someday be in a situation with a mass shooter. Who is that mass shooter going to take out first? The people that they know have guns. So, open carry doesn't do much for a dead person. But don't worry, the rest of us that carry concealed will take the bastard down for you.
The one time I OC'd I literally couldn't enjoy my time out because I couldn't stand the thought of some wacko or "vigilante" making a move for my pistol. Never, ever, would I ever. It's just a sign, flag, extra attention, and I think it has no pros in any given situation.

Maybe the mass shooter doesn't try when he sees an open carried pistol. How many dead OCers have been found on the scene of a mass shooting? This isn't a rhetorical question.

Maybe the mass shooter doesn't try when he sees an open carried pistol. How many dead OCers have been found on the scene of a mass shooting? This isn't a rhetorical question.
Good question. But it would also be interesting to know how many CCers have been found dead at the scenes of mass shootings as well. But, typically, mass shooters are hell bent on their objectives. I doubt that an open carry individual would be a major deterrent. Kind of like the "no firearms" signs. There was a posting of a cartoon on Facebook not long ago. There were two well armed and masked individuals standing at what looked the door to a bank or something. There was a "No Firearms" sign posted on the door. The caption read something like, "Well damn, I guess we just go back home then." Laughed hard at that one.

Back
Top Bottom