• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ghosts

Sure have. Several. I had read about it several times on the internet, and we were going to go up there one night, but after seeing you could be arrested for trespassing, I didn't want to go. After the wife, told me we couldn't get arrested for being there, because it was HER families private cemetery, I felt kinda bad about wanting to go out there after that. It didn't offend her or anything so we went during the day to look around and straighten up a few things (they maintain it). Even during the day things seems just odd. Later that night we went back out there. For being so far off the beaten path there was alot of odd noises, and just the strange feeling of something being alittle off. From what I understand there is a light that appears under a small monument, and there is no lights, no electricity run to it. I guess it's something they all know about, accept, and don't say much about.

I know I could accept it better if I actually knew some of the people that were there. We joined an existing hunting club in Stewart county one time that had a stand location that gave me the creeps everytime I hunted it. After the season was over I went exploring and found an old cemetary on the other side of the hill in a honey suckle thicket. It had a wrought iron fence around it with a weird looking head on the posts that was so deteriorated that it was hard to tell what it was. I heard sounds that I had never heard before anywhere else and always felt like someone waswatching me everytime I hunted that stand. Should have known something was wrong when nobody ever seen anything but birds from that stand.

The house I live in was built in 1904. It was originally a three story building. The first floor was a kindergarten classroom, 2nd floor was the principals living quarters and the third floor was a dorm for students who lived to far from the school to commute every day. The original school house for the area was in what is now my back yard.

They tore the school down in the 30s, and then my house was various things over the next 60 years. They backfilled the house and made the first floor a basement, and added a wrap around porch on what was once the 2nd floor, but now the 1rst. I know that in the 60's in was a photography studio, but I don't really know much else. In the 90's in was remodeled and turned back into a 4 bedroom house complete with all the modern luxuries.

The floors in most of the house are the original 107 year old wood floors and show much charachter. My wife fell in love with a bunch of different things about the house....for me, it was the history in the floors.

I typed a bunch of stuff here about the house and then scared myself. Anyway, it's a pretty cool house.

The house I live in was built in 1904. It was originally a three story building. The first floor was a kindergarten classroom, 2nd floor was the principals living quarters and the third floor was a dorm for students who lived to far from the school to commute every day. The original school house for the area was in what is now my back yard.

They tore the school down in the 30s, and then my house was various things over the next 60 years. They backfilled the house and made the first floor a basement, and added a wrap around porch on what was once the 2nd floor, but now the 1rst. I know that in the 60's in was a photography studio, but I don't really know much else. In the 90's in was remodeled and turned back into a 4 bedroom house complete with all the modern luxuries.

The floors in most of the house are the original 107 year old wood floors and show much charachter. My wife fell in love with a bunch of different things about the house....for me, it was the history in the floors.

I typed a bunch of stuff here about the house and then scared myself. Anyway, it's a pretty cool house.
So, anything ever happen there?

Back
Top Bottom