• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Game warden question

$nipertime

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
64   1
Reaction score
Ok so on jekyl island at 4:30, killing time before going to Darien deer hunting last week. Georgia state patrol pulls my buddy over. Tag light out, oh and you got a bow in the back and arrows in the bed of the truck. Your night hunting! I was like this is comedic. Were looking at deer on jekyl not shooting the wildlife. So GSP stays on the phone for a sec, and comes back and says im passing your info along to DNR. I am a soldier and live on post. My buddies call me today and say that the game warden came to there house and wrote them hunting from the road, hunting at night, and hunting on private property. WOW, my license has me living somewhere else
my question is can this dude really write me those tickets? He told my buddies if i didn't answer my phone he would arrest me lol. Is there any way he can even ticket me?

He can write you a ticket for many things, that does not mean you will be found guilty of all that if you fight the ticket. It sounds like there were some bogus charges on that ticket and they would have no way to prove you did something you never did. I have had a bow with arrows in the quiver in the bed of a truck many times, that does not mean I have ever hunted deer at night or from the road. It also seems like a land owner would have to press charges to write you up for hunting on private property, not sure though.

I can not see how they can even write a ticket. This will not stand up in court.
Just because I carry a rubber in my wallet doesn't mean I am having sex.

Back
Top Bottom