• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brass knuckle question

I like the idea of just shooting them , then maybe hitting once or twice 😊
if you cannot legally say fear for my life or the life of another. You cannot shoot.

Assume for a moment the video of you 'maybe hitting them once or twice' shows up on the evening news after shooting them.

if you cannot legally say fear for my life or the life of another. You cannot shoot.

Assume for a moment the video of you 'maybe hitting them once or twice' shows up on the evening news after shooting them.
If I shoot I am in fear for my life.
The then hitting them was an attempt at a little humor

If I shoot I am in fear for my life.
The then hitting them was an attempt at a little humor
Friend, I worked half my life in law enforcement. The standard is VERY CLEAR. The number of people who fall on the wrong side of the law is actually staggering.

The words "fear for my life, or fear for the life of another" needs to be screaming through your skull BEFORE reaching for a gun. Because you know for sure, that decision is going to be scrutinized in intimate detail and could cost you your freedom.

The next thing is you were using deadly force to stop what you had not just reasonable cause to believe was fear for my life or that of another, but in actual fear. Then what did you do? Call for an ambulance and start first-aid measures? Or proceed to kick the dogsnot out of them?

Everything is going to be judged after the fact.

I prefer the brass ones myself , over the aluminum or alloy. I’ve had both styles and kept the brass ….got rid of the others.
I saw a guy with a set that had small spikes on the knuckles too ! I thought that was a little extreme. Maybe more for show than go.
The thing is with knuckles you don’t have to exert too much force to do some real damage. Also you can seriously injure someone to the point of murder too if you aren’t careful.

Strictly because of statements like the above. Nothing personal.

Like I said - get a better lawyer.
Very good! Feel free to put me back on your ignore list. I spent half my life working in law enforcement and know more than the average bear.

Not going to bother me in the least

Very good! Feel free to put me back on your ignore list. I spent half my life working in law enforcement and know more than the average bear.

Not going to bother me in the least

So that qualifies you how in litigation? LEO's job is just that, enforcement. Not interpretation. Ya gotta go to college for that...

Arrest me all you want, our attorneys can and will decide the outcome, not you. Your job is just to show up and put handcuffs on everybody.

That being said, I don't go around picking fights and cracking people with the Pope's ring. It's there for the same reason as the Maglite in the back seat - Self defense.

I never intended to bother you, but statements like I mentioned, and which you just reinforced with your career comment, are the reason I had you on ignore. Typical bronze...

20231203_155945.jpg

Mine. In my pocket the last 20+ years.
Only used once, when needed.

Back
Top Bottom