• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brass knuckle question

My manager is an ex sheriff and has in his office( and told me) brass knuckles are legal in Ga. I thought this isn't the case. From my brief googling I'm of the impression its legal to own them but not use them in an altercation? Can any of you kind folk point me to where i can find more info regarding this?
I've carried them since 2014 and had them on me during a few searches by police. Never been bothered about then. Did have one officer tell me they were illegal one time and I just said no they're not. But I think there was a short period where they may have been illegal again but if that's the case it wasn't long I've had Brass knuckles since I graduated HS in 06 and if I have my pants on, they're with me.

I've carried them since 2014 and had them on me during a few searches by police. Never been bothered about then. Did have one officer tell me they were illegal one time and I just said no they're not. But I think there was a short period where they may have been illegal again but if that's the case it wasn't long I've had Brass knuckles since I graduated HS in 06 and if I have my pants on, they're with me.
👍🏽

Kinda like it is legal to own a baseball bat, but another thing to tune someone up with it. It is legal to own and carry brass knuckles in Georgia, but it is a criminal act to injure another person with them.

I have a freind who suggested carrying a cane as a tune up device. Not illegal to possess. Whether or not you’d be charged in the same manner as a baseball bat? I don’t know

I took you off ignore just to reply to this.

That's a ridiculous statement. It's also a criminal act to stab someone or shoot them, or hit them with a tire iron...

Except in self defense. Hire a better lawyer.

Sap works better. And FTP. They are useless gov't teat sickers here in Bibb.

And if you smack em good enough it leaves that paisley imprint...

Yea one of those is in my door compartment. I pity the fool that rests his hand on my window.

Back
Top Bottom