• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Freaking School Bus Camera Ticket!

Good for her. You should never "just pay it" if you're innocent. I wasn't talking about her effort, I was talking about your lame advice to "just pay it".
I need the time I would waste getting to and from court and sitting waiting for the case to be called to post witty repartee on the ODT.

Either fight it in court with their own evidence and win, or STFU about it. If it were up to me, you would lose your license for a year AND be forced to ride a school bus daily for a month so you can see how many close calls there are caused by "picked on" idiots that don't give school busses the respect and space they deserve.

I've got more to add, but school lets out soon and I need to make sure the cameras are working before starting the afternoon route!

Of course I stop for the *%]**{+ bus-

IF I know it is stopping.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I was doing a (legal) u turn and came out abeam the bus.

By the time I passed it, the lights apparently had turned red, but they did so when I was about abeam the bus driver.

By the time I passed the bus and the pic were taken, neither stop sign had come out.

They deployed when I was at least 50 ft beyond the bus altogether
You should have voted for TRUMP.

What drive me nuts in cases like this is that the driver is letting kids off on a major road. I see this on S. Cobb Drive all the time. Kids dropped off on one side then having to cross 4 travel lanes and a suicide lane to get to where they are going.

Terrible for traffic and dangerous for the kids. They should only be stopping on side streets and development parking lots, not main roads.

But yes, going WAYYY back to Drivers Ed I remember that you were supposed to stop on the yellow lights. Period. Red lights were a violation even if you're just creeping.

Back when I lived in New England undercover cops used to follow school buses just to write this very lucrative ticket that never got challenged. Probably worse today with cameras.

What drive me nuts in cases like this is that the driver is letting kids off on a major road. I see this on S. Cobb Drive all the time. Kids dropped off on one side then having to cross 4 travel lanes and a suicide lane to get to where they are going.

Terrible for traffic and dangerous for the kids. They should only be stopping on side streets and development parking lots, not main roads.

But yes, going WAYYY back to Drivers Ed I remember that you were supposed to stop on the yellow lights. Period. Red lights were a violation even if you're just creeping.

Back when I lived in New England undercover cops used to follow school buses just to write this very lucrative ticket that never got challenged. Probably worse today with cameras.
I had a driver license in Japan. Kids take regular buses there and when they want to cross the road, they throw up a hand straight in the air and they’re in the road in a flash. Little kids and they often don’t look at all. But everyone is looking out for them and knows they’ll bolt across the road. Drivers are careful. Metro Atlanta drivers would be running over kids left and right because so many are pissed off, in a hurry, and they’re crappy drivers who think they’re excellent. People need to calm down and pay attention.

IMG_5102.gif

Back
Top Bottom