• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Flying to California-bring gun?

They key to interstate travel is that you must be legal in the state your start in, and the state you end in... and you ain't legal in CA.

Forget about carrying for a minute, your gun isn't even legal there.

It's not registered with the state, so unless you fall into one of the very few categories of exemptions (like attending a verified pistol match and filling out that paperwork) they consider it an illegal gun, and it will be confiscated and destroyed no matter what.

Being in possession of this illegal firearm means you will be going to jail, and if you don't have a lot of time, money and legal help, you will probably stay there a good long while.

In short, as pretty much everyone else says... Don't even try.

BTW, there are some very good web sites out there that help answer these kinds of questions, and are usually very up-to-date on the laws. I usually start at www.handgunlaw.us and work from there.

Depending on the terrain you will be hiking, you should be able to find another state with the same conditions that honors ga carry permits ie... New Mexico, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada ,Washington ect..

Depending on the terrain you will be hiking, you should be able to find another state with the same conditions that honors ga carry permits ie... New Mexico, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada ,Washington ect..

Unfortunately NM doesn't honor GA permits (they have a training requirement).

If you are going out west though, getting a Utah permit is probably one of the best deals out there. You do have to take a course, but that opens up a lot more states, and it's not very hard to find folks who run them. Did mine on a Saturday for about $80 if I remember, and between GA and UT, it covers me almost anywhere.

Best advice yet! Why would you even want to visit and spend hard earned money in a state that wants to strip you of your rights?

Too funny, my girlfriends from Commifornia and hates the fact that I won't set foot in the state. It's one of 5 states I refuse to set foot in or spend my hard earned money in. Others include Illinois, New York, Massachusetts and my home state of Connecticut. Constitution state my a$$!
I get a lecture at least once a week and I keep telling her, as soon as they want to reinstitute the Constitution, I'll be there with bells on. She doesn't get it.

California is a really beautiful state but it is ruined from utter stupidity.
+1 to all of that! with the redwood forest, Sierra mountains, Pacific coastline and deserts in the south its got it all for spectacular breathtaking beauty but Its just to damn bad there politics have just as much stunning views but in the wrong direction that absolutely ruins everything else they have to offer

Back
Top Bottom