• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

How do you store your fly rods in spring and summer? Trunk of the car? Garage? In the case out of the case? Special fly fishing room? I am in the habit of taking them down and putting them back in the tube and reel back in thecase

How do you store your fly rods in spring and summer? Trunk of the car? Garage? In the case out of the case? Special fly fishing room? I am in the habit of taking them down and putting them back in the tube and reel back in thecase
I'll typically leave mine assembled, but I have wall mounts for them. They hang horizontally right near the ceiling in one of the hallways. I keep them in the house. I think temperature control is important for both line and rod long term.

I keep them in the tubes and reels in the case. Definitely dont keep them in the trunk. The heat will help deteriorate the fly lines.

What flies are catching em for y’all? Didn’t get any action at jones bridge today but it sure was pretty out.
upload_2020-5-14_19-55-13.jpeg

Did a little EURO NYMPHING. Wow . What a method to catch fish. Landed 6 in 45 mins. One hit on first cast. I get it now. I have a 10 ft 4 weight Orvis Recon, Add 30 ft of Euro line with sighter and tippet ring and Lawd almighty hang on.

I have a fly rod ordered and on its way to my doorstep....it should be here next week. Im hoping to break it in on some Northern Pike very soon.
I went with an Echo Boost Salt 9 foot, 9Wt rod paired with an Echo Ion 8/10 reel.
It’s been about 25 years since I have casted a fly rod, hopefully it’s like riding a bike.

I have a fly rod ordered and on its way to my doorstep....it should be here next week. Im hoping to break it in on some Northern Pike very soon.
I went with an Echo Boost Salt 9 foot, 9Wt rod paired with an Echo Ion 8/10 reel.
It’s been about 25 years since I have casted a fly rod, hopefully it’s like riding a bike.
Just remember your timing and the rest will comeback to you.

Back
Top Bottom