• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

I snagged a Cabela’s 8Wt rod and reel combo at a really good price. I got it rigged up with a Rio leader and managed to cast it quite well. I had a pretty brisk wind at my back, so it hampered my back-cast a little bit. Despite that, I am really getting the hang of it. I may not be able to cast it a long ways yet, but I am delivering the fly with accuracy and the line isn’t a tangled mess when i make my cast.

I snagged a Cabela’s 8Wt rod and reel combo at a really good price. I got it rigged up with a Rio leader and managed to cast it quite well. I had a pretty brisk wind at my back, so it hampered my back-cast a little bit. Despite that, I am really getting the hang of it. I may not be able to cast it a long ways yet, but I am delivering the fly with accuracy and the line isn’t a tangled mess when i make my cast.

I think it has been said before, but watch any video with Lefty Kreh. He is the man!

Don’t know how I’ve missed this thread. I’ve been doing a week long fly fishing trip to Montana forever, except this year, cause the WuFlu. I’ve used a 5 wt Sage, but bought a new Scott last year. I love my Sage, but the Scott is absolute butter. Love the way she casts and sets. Truly gonna miss Montana this year.

Does anyone use high end fly rods? Winston’s , Oyster bamboo? Orvis Helios? Thomas and Thomas? How do they compare to mid range priced rods? Feel? Casting?
I bought a 4pc reddington several years ago, the guy selling them swore by em and it was in my price range at the time. I still have it, stays in my vehicle and ready to go anytime. It’s a 8.5ft 4wt I keep 5wt line on it. I work at a golf club and have access to the lakes after 7pm and all day on Monday so it gets used a lot.

I bought a 4pc reddington several years ago, the guy selling them swore by em and it was in my price range at the time. I still have it, stays in my vehicle and ready to go anytime. It’s a 8.5ft 4wt I keep 5wt line on it. I work at a golf club and have access to the lakes after 7pm and all day on Monday so it gets used a lot.

Golf course lakes are some of the best fishing because they never get fished.

Outstanding!

Don’t know how I’ve missed this thread. I’ve been doing a week long fly fishing trip to Montana forever, except this year, cause the WuFlu. I’ve used a 5 wt Sage, but bought a new Scott last year. I love my Sage, but the Scott is absolute butter. Love the way she casts and sets. Truly gonna miss Montana this year.
Poppers and Bluegills are still fun.

Back
Top Bottom