• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

FLIPPIN CARS TO FUND OTHER CAR PROJECTS

Don't you have to pay tax now when you buy it?

Yeah, looked up a 12' Accord EX 4-door. TAVT came back at $1114.75. Give or take a couple hundred depending on exact model, there was no money in that deal unless the title was floated or deal done before 3/1/13.

This was an FI car. The GT40 intake/ E7 heads don't make much power so the cam really didn't add much. I even ground down the egr hump in the exhaust runners and it still sucked. I think I was at 17 or 18 degrees.

This had a modest rear end and a weak T5 on street tires. The numbers you got were probably running a better single plane intake for higher RPM power, better rear end and probably some drag radials. No way that was in a factory rear ended and interior car. 302's are just to weak.

You may need to re-examine what you did to the car. My 93 notch with STOCK 302 with 5 speed and 3:55 heard ran 14.24 at Atlanta State at. My STOCK block 302 with GT40 heads, GT40 intake and e cam with same rear and t5 trans ran 12.64. My brother even had a 90 LX hatch with 306 w/ GT40 heads and E cam. Through the stock automatic and 3:73 gears, he ran a 14.60. We did have timing issues with that car. Something was just wrong with that Capri.

You may need to re-examine what you did to the car. My 93 notch with STOCK 302 with 5 speed and 3:55 heard ran 14.24 at Atlanta State at. My STOCK block 302 with GT40 heads, GT40 intake and e cam with same rear and t5 trans ran 12.64. My brother even had a 90 LX hatch with 306 w/ GT40 heads and E cam. Through the stock automatic and 3:73 gears, he ran a 14.60. We did have timing issues with that car. Something was just wrong with that Capri.
I never took it down the track. I just simply said it didn't even feel like a 15sec car. Who knows, it may have run in the low 14's. That's still a turd in my book as most daily driver sedans made today can out run that these days bone stock and get high 20's low 30's MPG.

I have no love for a 302 or Fox Bodies. Some people love them, but I could care less to even see or work on one.

I never took it down the track. I just simply said it didn't even feel like a 15sec car. Who knows, it may have run in the low 14's. That's still a turd in my book as most daily driver sedans made today can out run that these days bone stock and get high 20's low 30's MPG.

I have no love for a 302 or Fox Bodies. Some people love them, but I could care less to even see or work on one.
Damn man, don't hate on the 3 ought 2. Say what you will about the Fox bodies. I'm not wild about them either. They ride like go karts . When I worked at a Mustang oriented auto salvage I wanted to build a Fairmont coupe since all the same stuff bolts right oin. But just try to find a Fairmont these days.

Damn man, don't hate on the 3 ought 2. Say what you will about the Fox bodies. I'm not wild about them either. They ride like go karts . When I worked at a Mustang oriented auto salvage I wanted to build a Fairmont coupe since all the same stuff bolts right oin. But just try to find a Fairmont these days.
Although they look a tad better than a Capri, the Fairmont's were soooooo ugly.

HotRod did a 302 build article and dumped $2998 into a 120k 302 from an Explorer and made 376hp. They threw a $600 nitrous kit and got 503hp(surprised it didn't explode). That's just wimpy power numbers for the money and then you have to upgrade you clutch or converter to make the new cam manageable.

So for $3,800, you can get a complete LQ9 WITH a 4L65E and the entire harness. Those are 6 bolt main blocks that are stock rated at 345hp.

Although they look a tad better than a Capri, the Fairmont's were soooooo ugly.

HotRod did a 302 build article and dumped $2998 into a 120k 302 from an Explorer and made 376hp. They threw a $600 nitrous kit and got 503hp(surprised it didn't explode). That's just wimpy power numbers for the money and then you have to upgrade you clutch or converter to make the new cam manageable.

So for $3,800, you can get a complete LQ9 WITH a 4L65E and the entire harness. Those are 6 bolt main blocks that are stock rated at 345hp.
Well I love boxy 2 door cars. I've owned 2 Fairmont's in the early 90s.Lets see now 2 VW Foxes, a 2 door 90 Jetta a 79 Volvo 242 GT a 2 door 88 Aries 5 speed...

Yeah I blame Hot Rod and Car Craft for spilling all the secrets to those that didn't already know. They turned a $500.00 Fairmont beater into a $3000.00 "Collector Car".

Well I love boxy 2 door cars. I've owned 2 Fairmont's in the early 90s.Lets see now 2 VW Foxes, a 2 door 90 Jetta a 79 Volvo 242 GT a 2 door 88 Aries 5 speed...

Yeah I blame Hot Rod and Car Craft for spilling all the secrets to those that didn't already know. They turned a $500.00 Fairmont beater into a $3000.00 "Collector Car".
Same with the 2-door Malibu's, 70's Corollas, Datsun 510's, etc...

All of the neat stuff is climbing in price. Hell, even a clean IROC fetches $7-10k these days and the price on the 1LE cars are way too high.

I think I am just mad bacause i'm poor...lol

Back
Top Bottom