• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishin the etowah

I tried fishing it out of a sit in kayak and it is hard as hell to fish out of. Lol

Thats why I’ve not tried it yet but some of the remote spots I’ve seen are making me want to give it a go. Plus I watched a few tv shows of guys doing it so I’m pretty much an expert at this point :lol:

Thats why I’ve not tried it yet but some of the remote spots I’ve seen are making me want to give it a go. Plus I watched a few tv shows of guys doing it so I’m pretty much an expert at this point :lol:
I like to stand up when I fish and it was just hard for me to fish out of one. I never felt like I was gonna flip over or anything just wasn’t very comfortable trying to fish.

I like to stand up when I fish and it was just hard for me to fish out of one. I never felt like I was gonna flip over or anything just wasn’t very comfortable trying to fish.

I primarily bank fish and even in a boat I’m standing so I know what you mean. Seems casting would be awkward and not as accurate at least while you learn the new technique

this is a good thread guys. TY for all the good info.
Hoping to try fishing it out of a kayak for the first time this year. Floated it in a kayak plenty but never try fishing out of a kayak before. Hopefully I don’t end up taking a unexpected swim while doing it :lol:
Hey Guys, just want to get my opinion across so I don't feel guilty later and that's this= I would not kayak this river when they are generating . Probably stupid or common sense for me to say so but I don't know much about kayaking...just know the Etowah can be crazy LOL . Generation = 706-334-7213

I tried fishing it out of a sit in kayak and it is hard as hell to fish out of. Lol

20170527_105446.jpg

It really isn't that hard. I've been kayak fishing for years. Mine is a sit in.

I didn’t really mean hard, just awkward for somebody that is normally used to standing while fishing. But it is something you can get used to for sure. Just I’ve only ever did it once.

I've seen guys with a stand up paddle board with a seat, fishing the Etowah. This is a pretty cool set up, I've been looking for a deal on 1 so I can configure how I want

Back
Top Bottom