• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishin the etowah

Yeah, it has toned down a lot since back then. We do some plumbing work for them and it’s not the way it used to be. But yeah about the Etowah I plan on trying to catch some stripers on down river closer to Rome this year. My hunting property goes to the river.
Cool :thumb: I love fishing it. My best friend just bought a house on the river off Euharlee Rd and I'm looking forward to fishing over there hopefully

what species of fish are being caught around there? clean water?
Largemouths,spots,catfish,bream pretty much whatever. The big stripers that run up river don’t make it to that stretch of the river because of the little dam. It’s in between two dams. Idk if I would eat anything out of there

good bank fishing or is the current to strong?
I've caught more fish from the bank when they're generating . But you better carry a dozen bucktails with you ....no matter how good you are , you will lose jigs. You'll want to call ahead and check the schedule (generation). If kayaking = striper delight will be fun and there used to be islands here&there

Hoping to try fishing it out of a kayak for the first time this year. Floated it in a kayak plenty but never try fishing out of a kayak before. Hopefully I don’t end up taking a unexpected swim while doing it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom