• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishin the etowah

In Cartersville. Most guys go after the stripers, but I prefer to fish for the shoal and spotted bass. I have fished it from below the Indian mounds all the way in to Rome.

My son and I have had 60+ fish days, fishing for shoalies and spots. I really like catching them on the fly, but it is difficult from a sit in kayak. You really need a small boat or kayak to fish this river. There are a few put in/ take out spots along it. Your trip can be 3 hours to 2 days. There are a couple islands that my boys and I have camped on. I have been fishing this river for 40+ years, used to go with my dad.

If you would like to go sometime, I have an extra kayak and canoe.

Here are some pics of the fish we have caught.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/thread-for-posting-pictures-of-fish-caught.1204366/

Also, this time of year, when we don't have monsoons and biblical floods, it's fun to paddle down to the Georgia Power intake dam and tie off to fish for crappie. The water is about 10 deg warmer where it is dumped back into the river and the crappie school up in that area.

where is the damn? never fished that river before.
whats all in there to catch?
I think another good spot to put in at with kayak is Old River Rd off of 293 between Emerson & Cartersville . If you pass the Chemical plant you went too far. & troutman troutman NOTE= You will come to an old small dam so you can't go very far but the fishing is AWESOME

Kieth Cole CPC 1994 and it was 38lb , I'm getting OLD. GON recorded
Etowah-Striper.jpg
You worked at chemical products?

I think another good spot to put in at with kayak is Old River Rd off of 293 between Emerson & Cartersville . If you pass the Chemical plant you went too far. & troutman troutman NOTE= You will come to an old small dam so you can't go very far but the fishing is AWESOME

Man, don't be giving away the honey hole!:)

Best bunch'a guys I've ever worked with. Crazy dangerous place to work is prob why lol
Yeah, it has toned down a lot since back then. We do some plumbing work for them and it’s not the way it used to be. But yeah about the Etowah I plan on trying to catch some stripers on down river closer to Rome this year. My hunting property goes to the river.

Back
Top Bottom