First attempt at baking bread.

Tikker

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
Just took it out of the oven 15 minutes ago. Didn't expect it to take so long with the kneading, but now that I know the process it'll be easier to plan out next time. Going to try and replace store bought bread and bake my own from now on. It's amazing how few ingredients are in this compared to whats listed on the bags of bread.

IMG_20220307_230245_163.jpg

Congratulations ! Looks good ! also worth mentioning how inexpensive it is compared to the store bought.
I do it for years, once or twice a week. Pm me if you’re interested in some tips, shortcuts and recipes. It is a fun hobby.

Attachments

• 35FC87AF-CBDA-410B-98D1-D0A6A108ECB6.jpeg
    35FC87AF-CBDA-410B-98D1-D0A6A108ECB6.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 8C5DCE87-1C7C-4E8C-B4BA-7C4A821DAAD9.jpeg
    8C5DCE87-1C7C-4E8C-B4BA-7C4A821DAAD9.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 15
I had a run at making bread one time. I mixed the ingredients and let the doe rise. After it had set for a while to rise I went back into the kitchen to continue. The doe hade risen alright. It rose right out of the bowl and had nearly rose about ten times than it should have. It was all over the counter and had run out into the floor. I bet there was 20 lbs. of doe and it was everywhere. There was literally a wheel barrel full of doe and it kept rising until I hade more doe to make 100 loaves of bread. It was my first and last attempt at making bread. LMAO

I had a run at making bread one time. I mixed the ingredients and let the doe rise. After it had set for a while to rise I went back into the kitchen to continue. The doe hade risen alright. It rose right out of the bowl and had nearly rose about ten times than it should have. It was all over the counter and had run out into the floor. I bet there was 20 lbs. of doe and it was everywhere. There was literally a wheel barrel full of doe and it kept rising until I hade more doe to make 100 loaves of bread. It was my first and last attempt at making bread. LMAO
Yeast on steroids ?

Congratulations ! Looks good ! also worth mentioning how inexpensive it is compared to the store bought.
I do it for years, once or twice a week. Pm me if you’re interested in some tips, shortcuts and recipes. It is a fun hobby.

Thanks, I'm planning to make my next loaf on Friday. I'm going to try something that substitutes water for coconut milk & add a little condensed milk to it sometime next week. My wife's mom used to make her something like this so I thought I'd try to make it for her.

Looking forward to making banana or pumpkin bread.

Just took it out of the oven 15 minutes ago. Didn't expect it to take so long with the kneading, but now that I know the process it'll be easier to plan out next time. Going to try and replace store bought bread and bake my own from now on. It's amazing how few ingredients are in this compared to whats listed on the bags of bread.

View attachment 4063117
Looks good

I would like to get one of the auto bread makers. You dump all the raw ingredients in, turn it on and in such amount of time it turns itself off and "shazam " you have a perfect delicious loaf of bread. My first wife's mom us we to make it at every dinner. There wouldn't be a slice left it was so good.

Back
Top Bottom