• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Homemade Bread

Wife has been on the sourdough kick for almost two years now. She’s got it figured out. Nothing better than fresh bread. She mills the grain for all the nutrients. The discard crackers and waffles are a nice bonus. You can store your starter in the fridge for weeks if needed without feeding. Pop it out let it come back to room temp and feed it up. Keep at it OP. You and your family don’t need all the preservatives in the store bought stuff. If you mill your own grains it’s truly bread of life. Store bought flour has been stripped of all the nutrients. They sell the good stuff to the livestock feed companies and sell us the crap with just the minimum amount of nutrients required to be put back by the fed. Started in the early 1900’s. People were literally starving to death and the fed had to step in. That’s why we have enriched flour at the stores.
Man I would to know that process! I travel a lot to Germany and Denmark and trying to duplicate theirs but just not the same and I bet that it’s the flour!

Sourdough is above my pay grade!!!
BUT I do make loaf bread, and grind my own flour for the bread....I did my homework on sourdough, and it appeared to be way more complicated, keeping the starter going, than I wanted to commit to....
My compliments to you!!

View attachment 6928369View attachment 6928375
I want to learn to entire grinding and maker process of breads. We all must learn this.

Anyone into making homemade bread? Made my first artisan sourdough with my own sourdough starter. Came out unreal.
Lot of work keeping up with sourdough starter though. View attachment 6928069View attachment 6928070
That looks absolutely beautiful! I love homemade bread! My wife hasn't ventured to the sourdough yet, but I'm trying to talk her into trying a batch.

Wonder Mill!!!
red and white wheat....flour from the store in no good....you need to grind it as you need it....to maintain the nutrients..

20240225_093134.png
20240225_093140.png

I have not bought from these guy's...BUT, after reading up in them, I think that I will, after I run out of my Bread Beckers stock

I have not bought from these guy's...BUT, after reading up in them, I think that I will, after I run out of my Bread Beckers stock
My wife gets their emails. She signed up when beckers was having sourcing issues during the plandemic. They are good folks at beckers and we like to support local businesses so we have not ordered from Palouse. From what I understand Palouse has good products though.

Back
Top Bottom