• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Homemade Bread

My wife gets their emails. She signed up when beckers was having sourcing issues during the plandemic. They are good folks at beckers and we like to support local businesses so we have not ordered from Palouse. From what I understand Palouse has good products though.
I choose to buy local as well....AND the Beckers are good folks, and have a great footprint in the area....they ship as well....that said Palouse is a small(to some)family run farm that is trying to stay alive
I am fortunate in that Beckers is only about 20 min from my house....

ONE more thing I'd like to add here.....be very careful.....VERY!!!...not to allow miller moths(or whatever you want to call them) into your home....they love flour!!! if they get into your home, you will be sorry!!! I've had two "infections" I had to throw EVERYTHING out....wait a couple months, and start over.....very expensive....the freezer is one of the best ways to kill them....2 days is usually enough

Can anyone share a good low carb recipe please? I've had some success but still looking. Been using a machine and don't grind grains as of yet. Thanks ODT.

That's two diff loafs btw.

Attachments

• IMG_3721.jpg
    IMG_3721.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3845.jpg
    IMG_3845.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 3
low carb and flour don't really go together....I looked through my bread cookbook, and found only a couple recipes....AND they were not made with flour....good luck with that

TY. I've used Coconut and Almond flours but have not tried Carbalose. My reading indicates its just a manufacture branded name. So far this has worked best but im still experimenting.

Thanks ODT
We do hard core Keto and I sub this for just about any flour in a recipe, however it's extremely expensive, so making a whole loaf of bread would be cost prohibitive...

1708964969378.png

I choose to buy local as well....AND the Beckers are good folks, and have a great footprint in the area....they ship as well....that said Palouse is a small(to some)family run farm that is trying to stay alive
I am fortunate in that Beckers is only about 20 min from my house....

ONE more thing I'd like to add here.....be very careful.....VERY!!!...not to allow miller moths(or whatever you want to call them) into your home....they love flour!!! if they get into your home, you will be sorry!!! I've had two "infections" I had to throw EVERYTHING out....wait a couple months, and start over.....very expensive....the freezer is one of the best ways to kill them....2 days is usually enough
That’s true, I’m sure Palouse is also a great company. We are like you Beckers is less than 10 min. So close we don’t have to think about our stock. If any of the buckets are low the day we want to use them we dump into a 1 gal bucket and run up the road to fill the 6 gal. I’m sure if we weren’t so close we would be looking at more shipping options. They have a shockingly large foot print. My wife and I always look and comment in all the license plates in the parking lot. It’s not uncommon to see Tennessee and NC.

Luckily we have not had an issue with the moths. Where do you suspect they come from? The grain buckets or just outdoors around your house? We store ours in the basement in the 6 gal buckets with the gamma lids. Are you storing differently? I’d hate to get those pest around here. It would definitely be expensive to toss all the grain we have on hand.

I believe I picked them up(last batch) from Harry's....which is now, of course Whole Foods...this was not from wheat berries, as I had not started making bread then.....I just know how invasive they are, and how hard they are to contain!!!
My house today, is kind of like an operating room, as far as protection from these "bugs"....EVERYTHING that is not in a Gama Seal bucket is vacuum packed upon arrival, and repacked after each use....I take NOTHING for granted!!!
As a prepper, I have stocks of food items, that are sealed, and well packed...IF those "bugs" got into that, it would cost me $1,000's...I worry about my Wonder Mill, which I cannot seal up...I keep it as grain free and clean as I can....
you might draw from my comments that I am terrified of these "bugs"....you'd be right!!! get um once, and you will understand!!!

Back
Top Bottom