• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kroger at it again

they also had whole brisket for $2.99 I think....I'm wanting to grind one of those up, into hamburger/ground beef...whatever...anyway, has anybody here done that??
And...I believe, if I'm correct, sometimes it get's to $0.99lb sometimes??

some work involved however LOOKS GOOD!!!
everything takes work though!!!
the 100temp is/was interesting...the temp must really jump up....maybe direct on the coals causes that??

I usually end up putting the thicker part back on the grill without the wrap on it. It can be a little to rare for most of my folks.

they also had whole brisket for $2.99 I think....I'm wanting to grind one of those up, into hamburger/ground beef...whatever...anyway, has anybody here done that??
And...I believe, if I'm correct, sometimes it get's to $0.99lb sometimes??
You come out with way better ground that the stuff they put out at a lower price .

just picked another one....then, a lady, rolling by asked..."are those choice or select"...I looked all over...there were numerous usda stamps....no grade stated....none...nowhere...interesting....I have been told that Kroger will sell select grade...

got one out....had to do a little extra trimming(I'm picky)....going to sous vide tomorrow, then slice real thin for super bowl sandwiches!!

20240210_092800.png

just did some looking on the inter web.....apparently meats do not have to be graded...only inspected....grading costs extra $....so, these tenderloins are ungraded....doesn't mean that they are not select, choice, or even prime....simply ungraded...

just did some looking on the inter web.....apparently meats do not have to be graded...only inspected....grading costs extra $....so, these tenderloins are ungraded....doesn't mean that they are not select, choice, or even prime....simply ungraded...
Had a couple last night off the whole loin I got this week. Not the best filet's I've ever had, but worth 9.99/lb. I'll try sous vide with the rest.

What post #18 said....
it turned out fine, everybody loved it!!! BUT it was sandwiches....anyway the pieces I had were good, and I'd have to say the best $9.99 tenderloin I have in many years!!!
I think it's worth the $9.99 a pound...might try to get a couple more before the sale ends...

20240211_171354.png
20240211_173022.png

Back
Top Bottom