• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

Check back in 20 years.
No need...Been following Tesla since 2012, so almost 12 years. He's gone from making 1000 roadsters to 150,000 a month. Pretty sure I learned cartesian coordinates and can graph that pretty quickly

The future is now….. er, soon….. er, maybe 2030?….. never?
I do wish Georgia commits more to RIVIAN. Sadly, that company will likely get bought by the Saudis or it would be my wish that APPLE buys them. I've test driven these at Ponce City Market showroom. They are AAA quality EV's.

Imagine if Georgia double downs on RIVIAN as Texas doubled down on TESLA...it would be dream come true

Do you own a Tesla semi truck? No? So you know nothing about how well the Tesla semi works. You're not entitled to your own set of made up articles about performance.
The article mentions a Tesla semi truck range of 500 miles, however......

Diesel semi trucks have fuel tanks of 100-150 gallons usually. I've read before that two 125 gallon tanks are pretty common, but smaller & larger tanks are possible.

If a truck averages 6.0 to 6.5 mpg with 250 gallons of diesel, then a range of 1500 miles is possible. Two 150 gallon tanks could stretch that to almost 2000 miles, where the driver time "behind the wheel" becomes the limiting factor. Have also read that being loaded vs unloaded doesn't really change their mpg much. Which is a little surprising, but once the load is moving at 55-65mph on the highway, diesels don't use a lot of fuel to keep it moving.

Certainly there are many variables that could affect their range, but this provides a guideline for comparison.

So GM has a quality problem (big surprise) and now every battery powered everything is at risk of exploding.

Tell me: Do you go out in the rain? Do you worry your smart phone is going to explode? It's got a lithium battery....

Heck, I knew a guy who dropped his phone off a dock in Lake Lanier. He had his his son dive down to get it and had his wife call the phone so it would light up. He was showing me his lithium battery powered phone while he was telling me the story. So clearly submersible lithium batteries do exist. Maybe not on a GM product, but...

Conversely, this Tesla Cybertruck doesn't seem to have a problem with water:

Tesla Cybertruck in water

What makes anyone want to back ANY vehicle into salt water? Heck, the frame will rot out before the battery or engine dies.
I LOVE him cruising along water coming up to his windshield with his wipers going... that is hilarious!!!
:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom