• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

EVtruckdriver.jpg

Dumb and Dumber

A boat and an EV SUV ARE Two of the absolute worst toy purchases a person can make.
Tell me you're afraid of torque without telling me you're afraid of torque :lol:

The hole shot on a EV boat is amazing, and ICE stands absolutely no shot at competing with it.

I get it man, I'm a poor to that can't afford these cool toys also. No need to be a miserable hater about it though.

How far is the closest lake to you? I could easily go to Jackson, West point, occonee and several others no problem without having to charge.

About 100 yards away.

How far would you be willing to back that EV down a shallow ramp? Enough to the point where the battery pack was touching the water? And would you do it at a salt water ramp?

Tell me you're afraid of torque without telling me you're afraid of torque :lol:

The hole shot on a EV boat is amazing, and ICE stands absolutely no shot at competing with it.

I get it man, I'm a poor to that can't afford these cool toys also. No need to be a miserable hater about it though.
It's not about torque, and nobody I am interested in knowing cares about a boats hole shot.

Boats are well known for being holes in the water that owners pour their money
into, and EV SUVs are holes in the pavement that owners pour their money into.

I am smart enough not to buy toys that are endless money pits.

About 100 yards away.

How far would you be willing to back that EV down a shallow ramp? Enough to the point where the battery pack was touching the water? And would you do it at a salt water ramp?
I would have no problem backing an EV truck down any of the ramps.
People are doing it every day. Quit making up fake scenarios in your head and offending yourself.

Hole shot is not the issue.

Props are awful at efficiency. AWFUL in caps with lots of exclamation points. Far worse mechanical losses than gears, wheels, electric motor bearing friction, etc. I can't even begin to imagine what the amp draw is like when you go full throttle, pulling a skier out of the hole in a 4000lb. EV sports boat.

And then we have the LiON battery pack in a wet environment issue. I don't love the physics there, either.

Maybe the engineering is good enough to overcome the wet environment, but nothing is going to change the fact that ski boats get less than 2 MPG with good ole' dino fuel. That's not going to translate into any kind of useful battery life.

Back
Top Bottom