EVs are NOT America's future!

Seems to be a market for both. EV's don't work for me because I live in a rural area, haul equipment and frequently travel long distances. That being said I would love to convert my old CJ to electric just to be sneaky quiet driving around in our woods.
The problem I see with EV's is that the government started making mandates. As soon as you start telling Americans they have to do something then large majorities are going to turn on you.
Propane converted CJ’s and Yota’s are pretty cool.

I'll probably get blasted, but I don't mind EVs and think the technology is pretty cool. I'd own a Tesla if I could afford one. Having said that, I just don't think the infrastructure is ready for it yet. I know there are charging stations everywhere, but I use my truck like a truck. And from what I've seen these EV trucks don't go far at all with any load. I can drive from my house to Orlando in my gasser and still have a quarter of a tank left. Wont get close to that distance in an EV without stopping to charge. Then we saw what the frigid temps did to all those EVs, stranded them. Plus states like CA can't even handle the current infrastructure with their power grid, no way they'd make it will a full EV mandate.
Check out the battery replacement costs. Or the $10,000 brakes on the new Tesla truck (installed).

Back
Top Bottom