• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Enthusiastic to learn!

Met with a girlfriend today that owns challenged my view about a revolver vs a pistol .. especially how heavy the pistol is. Will I be ready to brace myself with the stance, etc..
So I know I need to shoot a lot more! :D Discrediting nothing.. yet!

I was a darn good shot with a 9 .. but worry "how many shots" it would take to stop an intruder. Thoughts?

9mm is all around good choice,how many shots to stop an intruder? All of them is my answer. Good expanding ammo, training,training, training. Shot placement is the key. Only thing man cannot get a grip on is adrenaline when the time comes to use it.

Welcome !!! And let me add my 2 pennies. Been a member here for almost 3yrs and that's when my gun addiction started. Before that my gun usage was very limited, probably less than 50 rounds fired all totaled between rifles and handguns oh wait I did fire a 12ga shotgun 1 shell hit a milk jug and that was the end. I've brought many guns home that have been purchased on here and the Wife has gone with me and fired just about all of them, Glock , Sig, Beretta, SW Mp's, Rugers and I wasn't till I brought home a S&W model 60 38spl that she finally found something she liked, fit easy in her purse, felt great in her hand, point and shoot. It's now her main carry weapon. I also brought home a S&W 686 357mag and showed that to her and she quickly snatched that up and it now sits on night stand. Guess she just felt better with the simplicity of a revolver instead of having the complexity of racking a slide. Anyways good luck with your search and you'll know the right one when it's in your hand.

Welcome !!! And let me add my 2 pennies. Been a member here for almost 3yrs and that's when my gun addiction started. Before that my gun usage was very limited, probably less than 50 rounds fired all totaled between rifles and handguns oh wait I did fire a 12ga shotgun 1 shell hit a milk jug and that was the end. I've brought many guns home that have been purchased on here and the Wife has gone with me and fired just about all of them, Glock , Sig, Beretta, SW Mp's, Rugers and I wasn't till I brought home a S&W model 60 38spl that she finally found something she liked, fit easy in her purse, felt great in her hand, point and shoot. It's now her main carry weapon. I also brought home a S&W 686 357mag and showed that to her and she quickly snatched that up and it now sits on night stand. Guess she just felt better with the simplicity of a revolver instead of having the complexity of racking a slide. Anyways good luck with your search and you'll know the right one when it's in your hand.
Thanks for sharing your journey!
I am ignorant .. in that I dont have any memory retention about names/mfg.. caliber I do get a little! I am looking forward to this journey - good thing Im not anxious, but it is going to take time! Free/hobby time is not a luxury I have.. but desire to protect myself and my daughters means I need to make time!
I am reconsidering a revolver for the very reason your wife learned! Ease... and Im thinking for my FIRST gun.. ease and comfortability is high on the list. Not aim.. working the slide.. weight.. kickback.. etc.

Again, thanks so much for sharing your experiences!

Back
Top Bottom