• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Enthusiastic to learn!

Thanks for sharing your journey!
I am ignorant .. in that I dont have any memory retention about names/mfg.. caliber I do get a little! I am looking forward to this journey - good thing Im not anxious, but it is going to take time! Free/hobby time is not a luxury I have.. but desire to protect myself and my daughters means I need to make time!
I am reconsidering a revolver for the very reason your wife learned! Ease... and Im thinking for my FIRST gun.. ease and comfortability is high on the list. Not aim.. working the slide.. weight.. kickback.. etc.

Again, thanks so much for sharing your experiences!

I have to say I have 5 sisters. 4 out of 5 like the wheel guns..aka revolvers. They bought 357 with 4 inch barrels and use hopped up 38 ammo my brother loads them for home defense. Then when they want to have fun they load the 357 rounds and play.

My wife is a novice and she gets too confused with all the types of pistols also. I ended up getting her a 22 magnum revolver. She does not handle higher calibers very well. She loves this cause she is comfotable with long pull of trigger so she feels safer with no hair trigger semi auto.

Last edited:
Welcome to the ODT. We are glad you joined,,,,,,,beware though, Presently there are no support groups, prescriptions or antedotes for the addiction that is looming over your head since joining. So just sit back, join in, hang on and enjoy,,,,,:target::help:

Back
Top Bottom