• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Enthusiastic to learn!

I was a darn good shot with a 9 .. but worry "how many shots" it would take to stop an intruder. Thoughts?
With modern hollowpoint designs and a good +P load, the statistical difference in "stopping power" is insignificant. There's a reason the FBI is going back to 9mm. Shoot as many guns as you can and buy what you shoot best. Happy to take you to the range of you're even in Atlanta. Welcome to the trader!

Welcome aboard.... Still trying to get the wife away from the cute little things.... Cheap 380's.
9 is a great round and was said earlier, with the defense rounds available, has plenty of stopping power.
XDM compacts are great....

Been there myself several years ago....grew up with shotguns and rifles but had no experience with pistols. I found a nice salesman, trusted his advice (I wanted a small 3" pistol and he advised me to start with a 6" - so that's what I got) He was right - I would have never hit anything with the smaller gun to start with and probably would have been discouraged and quit. After thousands of rounds fired I have graduated to a small Sig 938 and feel pretty confident with it. What ever you learn with will probably not be what you end up with .....have fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom