• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Engraving question

Couple things.

Need full name of the trust.

Also, you will probably need to stay with it while they are engraving, unless they are an SOT, as they are now handling an NFA firearm that isnt theirs. I know, I know, some will point to an ATF letter XYZ saying that technically without the barrel on it, its not technically an NFA weapon, but better to be safe than sorry.
I thought there was an ATF letter stating you didnt need, "Revocable Living"?

I have a laser engraver that can do any font or size that you would like. Very reasonable.

If you were closer, I would try an expirement with your engraver. As far as I've learned, laser engravers won't go deep enough, you need a very high powered laser to accomplish this. I wonder though if you did a few passes would it be ok.

I wouldn't mess with it. I read on another forum, someone got denied because they forgot the word "The" in their trust name. So I'm assuming they want it AS IS.

Engraving doesn't have to do with the stamp. I've had to correct five forms before they were approved for missing a word in my trust name. I did a bunch before I got one back, it doesn't get denied, it comes back for correction. The atf never knows if you engraved your weapon till your in trouble for something and at that point your already boned

Back
Top Bottom