• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Engraving question

I don't want to be the bad news but I don't think you're allowed to have "multi-caliber" on a single sbr lower. :(

Never heard that, thats not my rifle in the pic though. I did get a ddles 9mm glock lower, but mine is a factory sbr. Ill be engraving a sig556 and a c3 defense lower.

Never heard that, thats not my rifle in the pic though. I did get a ddles 9mm glock lower, but mine is a factory sbr. Ill be engraving a sig556 and a c3 defense lower.

Yeah I didn't think that was your picture cause I noticed the Trust name. I just wasn't sure if that was someone else's you knew.

Back to the multi caliber, yeah some people's forms been kicked back for listing "multi" on the form 1s. The NFA wants it to be one caliber. Alot of rules are being laid down with the assistant examiners. You might beable to sneak it by but I've heard they aren't approving form 1s that list multi calibers. Just a heads up.

you dont put that info on the forms, thats why people are getting kicked back. I do not fill out section H. "Additional Description"

My C3 defense is factory labeled 5.56, however my approved atf stamp is for a 300blk. You must pick a caliber to put on the form but you dont put engravings that are already on it on the form.

Marietta trophy has my sig556 reciever. Said they couldn't do the aluminum because it was to soft. I'll have to figure that one out later I guess. I put up pics if it turns out well.

I was gonna have my custom Saiga SBS engraved but the only type they could do was laser ettching. I didnt go with that option. However, the gunsmith was also a jewler, so I had him hand make a crest in sterlin silver and permanently fix it to the receiver. They said it was a 6-8 week build time for the gun, and yesterday was the end of week 8. Meaning, it should be done any day now, so I let yall know/see how it turns out. Im also interested in how your engraving turns out. I might add actual engraving to the saiga later on.

Is your sbs saiga a transferred sbs or did you make it an sbs? Reason why I ask is that engraving is not optional when you make it on a form 1.

I do love the saigas though so pics are required!

Its a transferred LoneStar Arms 12.5" SBS.

Its basically this gun except I had them mill in a left had charging handle (gun has ambidextrous charging handles). Also I had them finish it in Moly coat which is their toughest coat option. I also told them not to include the rail to the forearm stock you see in the pic, since I like a clean look. And of course, I had the "Jewlery" added to it;)

Once mine comes in, you can count on me posting some pictures :)

Lone_Star_Arms_Tactical_Entry_SBS_LH_Side_Folded.116161738_std.jpg
Lone_Star_Arms_Tactical_Entry_SBS_RH_Side_Folded.116160551_std.jpg

Back
Top Bottom